should I start on party or stars?

• mcrandle913
      mcrandle913
      Bronze
      Hey guys

I'm finally gunna get back to playing poker and plan on playing around 15k hands a month on BSS . So I'm going to deposit $50 and go through the beginners school. I just wanted to know which is a better place to start partypoker or pokerstars??

I plan on staying on whichever site for quite a while (maybe right up to NL50) so which one would be better overall with the volume I'm gunna put in

things I'm thinking are:
      software
      traffic
      multitabling
      rake fees
      rakeback/VIP (including bonuses etc)
      softness of tables
      deposit/withdraw speed
      customer support
      (anything else you guys can think of)

thanks in advance for your input guys :s_grin:
  • 10 replies
    • paranoid1974
      paranoid1974
      Bronze
      All the things your contemplating leans towards pokerstars. Higher traffic, better software, volume multitabling, lower rake, better rakeback, better store, better tournys, more freerolls, poker school.....you'll find it all at stars.

The only things that party may have is more stable software and softer competition.
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      I agree with paranoid. And even stars has really soft competition at NL2, not really a lot of regulars there :P You could play 24 tables like a robot and beat it
    • Slurpee
      Slurpee
      Bronze
      Speaking of freerolls on stars do they have any $50/$100 freerolls like other software?

the only $$ tourny i have seen are with FPP so far, and that occasional $10 freeroll
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suitedaces1701
      I agree with paranoid. And even stars has really soft competition at NL2, not really a lot of regulars there :P You could play 24 tables like a robot and beat it
      but why would you want to 24 table nl2? learn the game and play NL10 imo.
    • RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      If you deposit 50$ you can start play NL5. Because NL2 is such a vaste of time . Offcorse its aggresive BRM but it is worth to risk and variance is not so big in micros
      And Even if you beat NL2 for 10BB/100 hands and thats really doubtful because of huge rake ,you still make just 20$ after 10k hands :D

But that just my opinion
    • mcrandle913
      mcrandle913
      Bronze
      cool thanks for the advice guys looks like stars wins! yea I was thinking of skipping NL2 just because of rake compared to winrate so maybe NL4. Ill worry bout it when i deposit next week

thanks again guys :D
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Originally posted by elhh82
      Originally posted by suitedaces1701
      but why would you want to 24 table nl2? learn the game and play NL10 imo.
      Because if you hit a small downswing at NL10 when you have $50, you're done
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Gold
      Originally posted by paranoid1974

The only things that party may have is more stable software.
      Absolutely no way is Party more stable than Stars.
    • mcrandle913
      mcrandle913
      Bronze
      I agree that stars is way more stable. I was considering it because it has way more free rolls which are beneficial to a beginner. But on a trail run of the software i got disconnected 3 times so didnt seem worth the bother imo..
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      I do not think that there is any major differnce in your case. Can't go wrong with any of them.