It's my time!

• b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      Heeey all!!

Since it's Christmas i better start by saying : Merry Christmas,Craciun Fericit,Joyeux Noel,Maligayang Pasko,God Jul and Ett Gott Nytt År,Vesele Vianoce. A stastlivy Novy Rok,Buon Natale,Linksmu Kaledu,Feliz Navidad,Kala Christouyenna,Hyvaa joulua etc.

I'm Bogdan(Bobo,Boby-your decision).For the moment i play sng/mtt on Cake and wait for FT return.
      This is my second blog here. As you can imagine the first was a disaster because I didnt know what I want from it and from poker.

Like many I consider i have a will problem(not just in poker)and for some time i try to do something.Today i came across an article that made me think a blog here could help me in both life and poker. It's called "3 Reasons Why You Should Promise Yourself You Won’t Set Goals" and it goes like this:
      " “Goals” are like “New Year’s resolutions”…frequently made but rarely accomplished.
      The descriptions we give the the word “goal” implies your objective will be difficult to achieve. There is a subtle undertone crafted by the implicit meaning of your words telling you it’s just as likely you won’t achieve your ultimate goal, as it is that you will make it happen.

3 reasons why a promise means more to YOU than a goal:
      1 A Promise Has Emotional Attachment
      A promise carries a much deeper sense of responsibility to the person to whom it is made—whether to yourself or someone else. With these feelings, a promise also carries a higher emotional attachment.
      2. A Promise Has A History Of Success
      Our mind recognizes that you have a history of success when it comes to making promises. It knows you’ve historically achieved an exceptionally high success rate of nearly 100 percent in many cases and strives to maintain this momentum.
      3. A Promise Triggers Your Subconscious Mind To Set You Up For Success"

Therefore ill try to take advantage of this blog and start playing more and improve my game.To make it interesting will be posting a lot of good articles,hands and videos.
  • 13 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi b0b0, nice to see you inthe blog forum!

You have some interesting ideas and you've obviously put some affort into thinking about them, so I can imagine you making this work for you. :f_cool:

Good luck with the blog and I'll be keeping a watch, because I think your ideas are discussion provoking and a little against the accepted methods.

Very best to you,

Mal.
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      so 1st day after the blog start was a bit swingy...at first i was down about 40$ and in the last mtt came second for 50$.
      At HU played a interesting hand against a tight villain. Would be nice to get some other opinions of how should i have played it.

First TIPS OF THE DAY for mtt players:
      -always call 0.5-2BB if your <40BB and in positions
      -do stretching in the breaks(will keep the blood flow)
      -never play less then 3 mtt once or more then 7-8(at least for me)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hi b0b0..

Glgl I'm not a fan of making promises instead of goals myself, like you said a promise comes with an emotional attatchment and emotions can do crazy things to a poker players mind :D but each to their own i guess if promises inspire you to wrok hard then good :)

Will be following
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Hi b0b0..

Glgl I'm not a fan of making promises instead of goals myself, like you said a promise comes with an emotional attatchment and emotions can do crazy things to a poker players mind :D but each to their own i guess if promises inspire you to wrok hard then good :)

Will be following
      as i sayd i have a little will problem...if i set a goal it's hard for me to acomplish it..if i take a break ill keep it that way and say ill do it tomorrow...and a little promise doesnt affect my game but motivates me not to look like a fool :P
      tx for the replay
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Time for a short review over 2011:
      -the first part started with a lucky shot of 6-700$ that a witdraw to pay school
      -until may a dry period with small winning,when i managed to make a 600$ bankroll on FT,and the crisis begin
      -hard period untill september when i managed to make 700$ that i witdraw again for school
      -untill december a lot of staking,and badluck that gave me such a hard time..got 60$ on Cake from a friend in US so the adventure started for me
      -a good thing was that i learned a lot and i fell a improvement in my game

Started pretty nice with a 1st place for 288$ and some small cashes that got me over the downswing i was in.

What do i expect for 2012?
      This year ill try to be more realistic and wish for:
      -a steady bankroll
      -a better mindset and stop doing stupid things
      -increase my concentration and memory
      -keep my promise from this blog and deal with my will+make it a decent blog to read
      -in real life i wish 4 health,learn more in collage and get will to implement my crazy ideas(TwiceT knows :P )

“To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail.”
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      1 week passed since my last post..not keeping my promise :(
      A lot of partying and crazy stuff this week but the thing that made it better was a operator from 888poker. :f_biggrin:
      I saw a nice tourney and decided to deposit 10$ ,when the operator came and told me to deposit 20 and she will give me 5more.I had about 16$ left on MB so i sayd cant more then 16 and she accepted.After some atemts to deposit i remembered that they take a fee in the deposit and i was left with 15$ to deposit and after a short moment she accepten even 15$ :D
      I was so amazed about of the bargain policy on 888.Even if lost all of them it was still a fun day.

In poker i just realised that i'm a little bit negativist so the next objective is to change the way i see the world (in poker and life) (any advices are welcome)

“Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.”
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      Not such a good day in the games,but i'm satisfied with the studying i did although it was a pretty basic learning.U can't evolv if ur basics are wrong.

The most important thing i learned is that it's more profitable losing when ur doing the right thing instead of winning when ur doing the bad thing.
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      Hey all!! I start this by saying that this will be a post for all the microstrakes players that want to become someone and do something with their lifes!!

Tonight i came to a conclusion: My life "is repeating" and i keep doing the same mistakes over and over!!
      Wont bore you with a story ,instead ill give some examples:
      -made a bankroll on a site,witdraw part of money and left some to "win more" => didnt work that way and i'm almost out of roll
      -talking to a good friend and was telling about my defects(lack of will and not studying to much) => sure i wont do anithing by tomorrow and all left would be the talk
      -playing my last part of bankroll and i say i wouldnt do stupid things and dont talk trush in the chat => did it today to
      -try not to be that negativist => slightly improvement

And after seeing so many examples here of people doing something with/in their life(TwiceT,TLN,Leatherass9,the boys in phlipines and many others) i decided i have to something:
      SO I'LL TRY TO FIND A PART TIME JOB! This way i'll see how important is poker and i wont spew money on the tables + learn to work and invest the time that is needed for everything(poker & life)

Conclusion: Can't do anything in life if you don't work,no matter how talented you are!!!

PS. I'll try to take my last shots(for a while) in poker tomorrow and after focus on my exams and getting a job.My bankroll will be 16$ on Cake and 10$ on 888poker or party poker!! GL
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      I think it's about time to make a new update to the blog since a month passed from my last one.
      A lot of things have happened in this month.I didnt manage to get a job,but the thought of it kinda scared me and i started thinking more and being more responsable.
      Stoped playing on cake headed for 888 poker. After a couple of days of staking i managed to get in 2 ft and won about 260$.
      Played some with the 130$ but they slowely started disappearing from my account coz i got determined to have a bankroll for the biger tourneys.That affected my play a bit:f_biggrin: .
      One day after some awfull badbeats i got angry and withdrew 20$ to deposit on pokerstars for the 1.5$sng/45 players.
      Now after 4 days of play and 75 sngs i got to 70$. Small volume because i tryed to adapt to them and get max value $/sng to have some money in the bank.
      This weekend ill start to play more then 4 tables at once and open a new one as soon as i lose one. I hope that soon ill play 75 sng/day and have a good ROI.

Future:I'll take a shot at the 3.5$ as soon as ill get to 120-130$. And wont play there regulary untill i have 55-60 buy ins. Gl all
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      Sngs are going ok but i fell i dont have the necessary volume..i tryed to play 6 tables at same time but i did some stupid thigs from times to times
      Can someone give me an advice for multitabling???it's ok to play 4tables and start a new one as soon as i lose one???( lets say i can play a max of 12h/day in the weekends and 5-6h in the week)

BANKROLL: 88 $
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      Another month same story..A promise to go on a weekend trip to a friend+some small debts= witdraw a big part of my bankroll
      I have serious thoughts of getting a staking/coaching on sngs coz this way i wont witdraw no matter the reason and it would be a big up for my multitabling,that realy sucks now(3-4 tables at once).
      The ROI is still pretty decent so i hope to get more tables/hour so i wont waste that much time
    • b0b01111
      b0b01111
      Bronze
      Hey boys and girls...guess what??broke again :f_cry: ...i need a change in my game a.s.a.p or at least a big review over my hm archive...gl,hope your doing better