Is this enough Volume? or Decent Enough?

• Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      Played 200k hands in 3 months and 26 days that averages as 52,110 hands/Month

Playing NL FR/SH, Mtt's I 8-12 tabled during the first 2 months and due to 888 poker restrictions I 8-10 tables the last 1 month and 26 days. I made 1146$ Profit so I think its a good investment xD . Take into consideration I have a 9-5 Job so, Is this a good amount of VOLUME, knowing that I spend 8 hours every weekday in a job?
  • 13 replies
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Enough volume for what ?!?
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      im talking in general, compared to a person that plays poker online for a living , or a normal person playing for some extra cash or a second job is it good enough volume?, dont give me stupid answers please -.-
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      He asked a legit question, don't be mad. It depends what your aim is. If you're a casual player, this is more than enough. Multitabling FR as a second job... it's close, but OK I guess. For a professional poker player, this is not enough.

You might want to look at average hours per day, instead of hands, it would be a better indicator of volume.
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heave112
      dont give me stupid answers please -.-
      My apologies if you thought i was being stupid.
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      anyways,I don't think hours per day is a good indicator for volume... since the person can be 1 tabling,so hands/month is definitely the best indicator for volume
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      im talking in general, compared to a person that plays poker online for a living , or a normal person playing for some extra cash or a second job is it good enough volume?, dont give me stupid answers please -.-
      well the answers come as stupid as your question is.

so as i understand correctly you played mtts? then just post how many of them you played, not how many hands.

And basically to be an mtt pro/semi pro you need A LOT of volume, like min 500 MTTs per month, unless you play the deep ones.

Now if you'r talking about MTSNGs, then it's even another topic, so next time try to write every detail.
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      I play like 1 MTT per day, so consider all the 200k hands FR/SH
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      So ur asking us if you're spending enough time on poker? I think u spend enough time on poker if u made 1k in 4 months :)

Maybe if u ask a constructive question you'd get a constructive answer
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      anyways,I don't think hours per day is a good indicator for volume... since the person can be 1 tabling,so hands/month is definitely the best indicator for volume
      Well hours/day is a good indicator if you want to know how much time you spend on playing :rolleyes:

What about if you were 24 tabling on Stars and winning at 0.3bb/100, but instead of telling us that just gave us the number of hands you'd played and asked if it was a good amount of volume. The majority would say "Yes" to this, whereas if they took into account your winrate and multitabling you would get much more constructive advice.

So hours played is as good an indicator as hands played, but preferably use both.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Thats really not the way to look at it. If you want to play 50k hands a month you can do it in a weekend if you wanted to. You get like 2.5k hands an hour playing 24 tables of NLH SH.

There's a difference between volume and quality volume so imo its better to set hours spent on poker then having a goal of 50k hands a month and then 24 table for the last 3 days just to reach it.

If you have a regular job its enough to spend about 2-3h a day 60h a month with 80% playing and 20% study ratio depending on what lvl your game is.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Pretty decent volume

And many pro's don't actually play that much. If you think they all play 1M hands a year then your very wrong. I can't find an article on it. But from the last few years the biggest winners in online poker were only playing around 100k hands a year.. and quite a few below that.

Especially Phil Ivey is a good example of that. So Quality > Volume and it isn't even close.. Ofcourse most of us won't ever become as good as the nosebleed cash game players.

If you have a fulltime job/school then personally i think an average of ~3-4hours a day spent on poker is quite alot (on weekdays, assuming you don't do 10 hour sessions on saturday and sunday).
    • LegionP
      LegionP
      Bronze
      In my opinion $/hour - is the first and foremost measure of your success as a poker player. And the second measure is "hours per month" your spent on playing.
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LegionP
      In my opinion $/hour - is the first and foremost measure of your success as a poker player. And the second measure is "hours per month" your spent on playing.
      this +1