Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:club:

Hero raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.85) T:spade: A:spade: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $0.55, CO calls $0.55

TURN ($1.95) T:spade: A:spade: 9:diamond: T:diamond:

Hero bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20

RIVER ($4.35) T:spade: A:spade: 9:diamond: T:diamond: J:diamond:

Hero bets $1.80, CO calls $1.80

Villain played something like 35/20 and very aggressive when checked to.

First of I think I should have bet bigger for protection like .65-.75 on flop and 80% of pot on turn.

My game plan was to bet/f flop and turn but on river the spade flush draw doesn't complete. If I check I'm sure he would bet both for value and as a bluff so I though I can make a light value bet against worse hands and decide the price to see the showdown.

He is aggressive so I don't think he would have slowplayed a set on the flop or trips of 10's.
      Considering how loose he is preflop and how drawy the board is I put him on something like Ax (on the downside I only beat A9- after the J), flushdraws, QJ,89,J9 etc. so the line should be okay?
  • 2 replies
    • Echoes88

I like your line and thinking. On the river I either blocbb/fold, or ch/f.

Problem is, that there are busted draw combinations on the board, but so many hands beats us, it would be very uncomfortable to call a big bet, and since he is agro, usually we will get one, if its checked to him.
    • veriz
      Hello yayasarika,

Nah, such an opponent may easily even have there worse Ax hands. But what I would do here is that I would bet it bigger on the flop & turn. Otherwise the river idea of block-bet/Fold is totally fine. But now again, the opponent might be able to raise there us? Then it might be better to just Check/Call to let him bluff with some missed draws.

Best Regards.