This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AQo TPGK oop

• yayasarika
      yayasarika
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.15)
      BB ($32.95)
      Hero ($11.88)
      CO ($16.47)
      BTN ($5.17)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:club:

Hero raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.85) T:spade: A:spade: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $0.55, CO calls $0.55

TURN ($1.95) T:spade: A:spade: 9:diamond: T:diamond:

Hero bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20

RIVER ($4.35) T:spade: A:spade: 9:diamond: T:diamond: J:diamond:

Hero bets $1.80, CO calls $1.80

Villain played something like 35/20 and very aggressive when checked to.

First of I think I should have bet bigger for protection like .65-.75 on flop and 80% of pot on turn.

My game plan was to bet/f flop and turn but on river the spade flush draw doesn't complete. If I check I'm sure he would bet both for value and as a bluff so I though I can make a light value bet against worse hands and decide the price to see the showdown.

He is aggressive so I don't think he would have slowplayed a set on the flop or trips of 10's.
      Considering how loose he is preflop and how drawy the board is I put him on something like Ax (on the downside I only beat A9- after the J), flushdraws, QJ,89,J9 etc. so the line should be okay?
  • 2 replies
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hi!

I like your line and thinking. On the river I either blocbb/fold, or ch/f.

Problem is, that there are busted draw combinations on the board, but so many hands beats us, it would be very uncomfortable to call a big bet, and since he is agro, usually we will get one, if its checked to him.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yayasarika,

Nah, such an opponent may easily even have there worse Ax hands. But what I would do here is that I would bet it bigger on the flop & turn. Otherwise the river idea of block-bet/Fold is totally fine. But now again, the opponent might be able to raise there us? Then it might be better to just Check/Call to let him bluff with some missed draws.

Best Regards.