$0.74
      MP1:
      $2.01
      MP2:
      $0.91
      MP3:
      $0.99

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , T:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.09) Q:spade: , 3:club: , 2:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.09, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.09, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($0.27) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.3, MP2 calls $0.30.

River: ($0.87) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $0.87

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a straight, six high (5d 4s)
      Hero shows (Qh Tc)

MP2 wins with a straight, six high (5d 4s)

This happens to me 5-6 times a session and I don't get it. When ever I play OESD when the odds are in my favour I never get it? I no its not bad luck it is just bad decisions that I make. Should I have folded after the flop/turn?
  • 5 replies
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      I tend to just check/fold with a top pair when I have checked into the game, i like to have 2 pair or better if im going to play, Nl2 players will have such a wide limping range when your against 3 players chances are they would have a bigger hand.

I have lost lots of times in this situation, so I dont bother anymore

freeplay= 2 pair or better or check/fold

Roo
    • Pampoen
      Pampoen
      Bronze
      Thank you i will definitely do that as well from now on
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Droewors
      Thank you i will definitely do that as well from now on
      Better add here its only my opinion and the coaches know much better than me, i just find I get sucked out and spew my monies in these kind of situations lol

Roo
    • Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      Only an opinion here but it may make you feel better. The guy chased that draw with TERRIBLE odds. Whenever that happens to me (NL2, happens frequently enough) I make a note that says "may chase draws for thin value" and I feel happy knowing that if we played this hand 50 times over he'd probably be busto :s_biggrin: .

I agree with Roo, I think it was Brunson who said this: "don't go broke in a nothing pot." If it is an un-raised pot, only play monsters. I have made that same mistake a few times. I do try to pick it up on the flop if it's heads up, but in a 4 way pot that's pretty ugly. I tend to play B/F with top pair in situations like this but I don't think it's successful often enough and I'm trying to stop. C/F multiway for sure.

Hope the you flop plenty of monsters from the BB to make it a non-issue :D

Garet
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey Droewors,

Versus Mp2 I like to bet the Flop and TUrn as well, if players that are not as crazy as him call you, i would not be so happy to bet out the TUrn and river as well

As played I think it is either a check-f or a bet so I prefer betting here :)

Best regards,
      Gerv