[NL2-NL10] NL50: Monster flop, how to continue best way?

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $37.77
      Hero:
      $10
      UTG:
      $9.48

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3:heart: , 3:club:
      UTG calls $0.50, 4 folds, MP3 calls $0.50, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.75) 3:diamond: , 7:club: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.00, 2 folds.

Not generating any money out of my monster cause really played crappy. What would be the right line here? call minbet flop, call turnbet of villain or reraise turnbet? In case villain just checks on turn I would bet to build up a pot. But I'm really not sure what's the best play, not holding quads on flop too often ;) Thx for your advises.

Final Pot: $4.75
  • 3 replies
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Good one. I think the ultimate goal would be to represent that 7 and hope villain actually holds a 7 themself. Flat call might be ok, or maybe a minraise i'm not really sure. The turn has to be bet though imo.

Problem with SSS is that monsters can't really be slowplayed imo.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Bet/Call Flop, check/call Turn, Bet/3-Bet River is an option, as well as check/call Flop, check/raise or Bet/Call Turn.

Problem is, that you will not get to much value out of the hand here in an unraised pot.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      Bet/Call Flop, check/call Turn, Bet/3-Bet River is an option, as well as check/call Flop, check/raise or Bet/Call Turn.

Problem is, that you will not get to much value out of the hand here in an unraised pot.
      Yep indeed it is hard to get value out of it in an unraised pot and as an SSS-player.

And a prob for me at this spot was the minbet of villain. Without I would have checked hoping for some action of opps. But as he minbetted I thought "maybe he has hit the seven" so I hoped to see some action.