This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50: AT SB - Overplayed

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $44.17
      BU:
      $116.75
      Hero:
      $10.69
      BB:
      $7.62

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:spade: , A:diamond:
      6 folds, CO calls $0.50, BU calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.25, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.00) J:heart: , A:heart: , 9:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BB folds, CO calls $1.50, BU raises to $8.00, Hero raises to $10.19 (All-In), CO calls $8.69, BU calls $2.19.

Bad play. Filling up SB with AT with two limpers is not problematic. But don't ask me why I did not laydown my hand after a reraise. I think my error in this hand was that I thought he would hold something like a little to middle pocket pair. But the reraise showed strength so a clear fold. Just getting started to make my first test shoots on NL50 I have to adjust a little bit because players are not so weird as on NL25. On NL25 you see sometimes player reraising with total crap so against a very loose player I really would think about pushing. But on NL 50 I will give villain a strong hand here till I get a feeling for this limit.

Turn: ($32.57) 4:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, BU bets $20, CO folds.

River: ($52.57) K:club:

Final Pot: $52.57
  • 5 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Easy fold here, with another player still to act behind you. You´re to often dominated.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      Easy fold here, with another player still to act behind you. You´re to often dominated.
      I totally agree. Still I don't know what made me play this hand this way. I will save it under "stupid hands" or something like that.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi Gremlin68,
      for SSS fold of course,but you know it yourself,but very interesting villain`s play-
      he limped in from BU(weak to me),than he fires 8 in 5 pot(strange,a bit overraise),
      what he had? slow played AJ+,99 likely? or even had pocket AA? raised on flop cos
      of draw possibility?
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas
      Hi Gremlin68,
      for SSS fold of course,but you know it yourself,but very interesting villain`s play-
      he limped in from BU(weak to me),than he fires 8 in 5 pot(strange,a bit overraise),
      what he had? slow played AJ+,99 likely? or even had pocket AA? raised on flop cos
      of draw possibility?
      He had J9s so he hit his two pair.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      ugly)
      raise or fold preflop. There is no sense in completing ATo oop, most of the times you will get in trouble when hit your ace...