[NL2-NL10] NL10: TPTK in a called pot

• Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      CO:
      $4,02
      MP3:
      $4,65
      Hero:
      $9,95
      MP2:
      $9,61
      SB:
      $4,83
      BB:
      $11,37
      MP1:
      $9,31

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , A:heart:
      MP1 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, MP2 raises to $0,30, CO folds, Hero calls $0,30, SB calls $0,25, BB folds, MP3 calls $0,20.

Flop: ($1,30) J:spade: , 9:heart: , 9:club: (4 players)
      SB bets $0,30, MP3 folds, MP2 raises to $0,90, Hero calls $0,90, SB calls $0,60.

Turn: ($4,00) 5:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4,00) Q:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,30, MP2 calls $0,30, Hero calls $0,30.

Final Pot: $4,90

I didn't knew what do to in this hand.
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Pf: calling is fine, but probably folding is better if villain is tight.
      Flop: You have tptk, but SB bet out and MP2 raised. Do you think that you´re still ahead here?
      I think that fold is better, because villain is representing here overpair and I have no reason not to believe him.
      Turn and river are fine.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Ok, thx. I won the hand, but when i analyzed it I also realised that I'm more than often already behind on the flop.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Flop: You have tptk, but SB bet out and MP2 raised. Do you think that you´re still ahead here?
      I think that fold is better, because villain is representing here overpair and I have no reason not to believe him.
      He's got call 90 cents to call in a 2.50 $ pot (for equity reasons you could assume a 2.80 $, 50 % chance SB will call the raise as well)
      For those odds, you can consider your hand as a drawing hand with 7 non-discounted outs (3 for top two, 2 for nut full house and 2 for backdoor flush)
      Good enough to call that imo.

On the turn you still got a medium hand vs an opponent who apparently slowed down despite the new flush draw on the board. You could easily already be ahead here and you now got no less than 14 outs to improve (a jack will always win, a flush almost always, an ace very often)
      Bet that turn imo.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      He's got call 90 cents to call in a 2.50 $ pot (for equity reasons you could assume a 2.80 $, 50 % chance SB will call the raise as well)
      For those odds, you can consider your hand as a drawing hand with 7 non-discounted outs (3 for top two, 2 for nut full house and 2 for backdoor flush)
      Good enough to call that imo.

On the turn you still got a medium hand vs an opponent who apparently slowed down despite the new flush draw on the board. You could easily already be ahead here and you now got no less than 14 outs to improve (a jack will always win, a flush almost always, an ace very often)
      Bet that turn imo.
      I agree generally. But on Nl 10 level players seem to be so tight that I´d rather like fold more than call, since you´ll never know what SB would do.

I also think that turn you´re often ahead, but I don´t see many scare cards that could come and if you bet you have to probably make it bet/call, since you have monster draw unless someone doesn´t have boat. You´re not making 1$ bet, but probably 2,5$-3$ and all the worse hands would then fold and all the best hands would probably shove. That´s why I don´t see much value betting out on the turn and taking down the pot.