[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #14 27.12.11

• veriz
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from Dec 27th, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Tuesday, January 3rd at 6 PM GMT.

IPoker Network $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1527814
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $49.25 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 20, 3B: 12, AF: 5.0, Hands: 113
      UTG: $84.92 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 16, 3B: 7, AF: 6.0, Hands: 373
      MP: $57.57 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 18, 3B: 6, AF: 1.9, Hands: 244
      CO: $122.70 - VPIP: 36, PFR: 28, 3B: 8, AF: 0.9, Hands: 97
      Hero (BTN): $50.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 18, 3B: 6, AF: 2.9, Hands: 69129
      SB: $137.25 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 20, 3B: 12, AF: 5.0, Hands: 113

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with J :diamond: J :club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB raises to $6, Hero calls $4.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($13.50) 9 :diamond: 2 :heart: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $7.00, Hero calls $7

Turn: ($27.50) T :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $13.75, BB raises to $36.25, Hero calls $22.50

River: ($100.00) 6 :heart: (2 players)
  • 7 replies
    • Shady9966
      the call it's preatty marginal preflop but since it's position and he might sqz alot it can be a call. The flop i will go ahead an raise him to protect against draws if he shove i will fold. As played the turn it's a bet / fold for me.
    • Nocco88
      Because his 3-bet stat is 12 and we have position, I like the call here preflop. Well postflop the call is good at the flop, because he can cbet here with a lot of hands which he doesn't hit the flop. The turn bet is good, but I think the fold is good, because he is check-raise-ing so he definitely have something. I think this is his range, what he is check-raise-ing at this spot (QQ+,TT-88,QJs,AdKd,AdQd,KdQd,KdJd,QJo), and against that range, we only have 25%. So I think the fold is the best option on the turn.
    • sausage646
      pre flop: I would call, because we have position and since whit 3bet of 12% very likely he is going for squeeze, because our range in late position ir usually wide .
      I wouldn't 4 bet since I don't expect him going AI whit worse.

flop : I would call , since even against his draws I am not in good shape

turn : I would bet/call, since his af=5, and he is capable of cr whit Adx hands, since he probably know's he is getting more fold equity whit cr than just a bet, since our range isn't that strong - whit strong hands and even strong draws we would probably raise flop, and than we would be against made flushes and fdraws.

where can I get information about that database analysis, how to praticipate ?
    • chocular77
      PF: Since BB has a huge 3B range (even higher than 12 on BB) i would 4B to $15.
      There should be alot of fold equity and depending on how loosely BB ships i would either fold against a AK,QQ+ range and call against anything that is looser than this. If not sure rather fold.

Flop as played:
      I would raise/call to ~24 this flop to protect myself because he could even be on str or flushdraw and every A,K,Q,T,7 and any diamond hurts us.

Turn as played:
      We get a str&flushdraw (he can have higher diamond) and i would just take the freecard since the pot is already to big. If he is ahead we commit ourselfs and he would only fold his draws to a ship and fold his bluffs anyway.
      After his raise we can't fold anymore with our overpair&combodraws.
    • Pampoen
      O.k so I am not that experienced in poker yet so I am not going to make like i know what I am talking about. Either he has the flush or not. He plays medium amounts of hands and his aggression is pretty high at 5.0 so I think that he is bluffing.

He is presenting that he has the nut flush going all-inn. So the question is just if you want to give up your stack to see if he bluffs or holding the flush/higher pair or set?

I would go with fold
    • SPeedFANat1c
      Call preflop is decent IP, we don't want to 4bet bluff and stack off with JJ, unless we know he is capable of 5bet light.

On flop if we raise, we probably will not get call from too many weaker hands, so I guess call is ok.

Turn complicated. Maybe its posible to check back, because we have very storong draw and don't want to get checkraised, and not manny weaker hands will call. Overcards will fold. Or if we bet we could bet almost pot, to get better odds to call if he decides to c/r. But if we bet big, its even more dificult for him to pay us with weaker hand. So I think check behind should be good. And we might induce bluff from him on the river.
    • veriz

Preflop: Those are the spots where rather should consider going for a 4bet. For the reason that with flatting we might see overcards for us and it will be pretty hard for us to continue while the opponent could easily be aggressive postflop and even capable barreling twice or even shipping with pure bluff. With hands like KK/AA I wouldn't even mind to flat and trap there. But more kind of with hands like JJ and with dynamics I'd prefer to go for 4bet whilst it's perfect spot for BB to squeeze and most likely it's gonna be the case. We also avoid with our 4bet that next time he wouldn't pick the squeeze so loose against us.

As played
      Flop: If I would play it this way then I would definitely raise the flop while it's even very drawy and of course I'd play for the stacks here. There is no need to give him another free card while we don't have enough of info on him to expect him being capable of 2nd barreling loose. There are just so many cards which we don't want to see and there ain't gonna be many secure cards for us.

As played
      Turn: The problem on the turn is that there are only few hands from you get value from and also if you Bet then of course we are Betting for value and we ain't Bet/Folding it. One possibility would be even to Check behind here and take a look at the river but now again is there any point to do it? That's mainly up the our reads/dynamic play and how we see the opponent being there. He is definitely capable as well Check/Raise with A:dXx.

Best Regards.