This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4 Overpair vs Tilted but Passive Guy

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.02
      BB:
      $3.58
      MP2:
      $4
      Hero:
      $7.39
      CO:
      $7.28
      BU:
      $1.02

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:heart: , T:spade:
      MP2 raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.38) 5:spade: , 5:diamond: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28.

Turn: ($0.94) 9:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.7, Hero calls $0.70.

River: ($2.34) J:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75.

Ok, so this guy had taken a bit of a beating on the table and had become a bit passive. I didn't want to re-raise him because there was a chance he might shove as he was getting bitched and outdrawn a lot. So I basically played the 10's for set value and told myself I would fold if I didn't see a 10 on the flop. However...the flop came pretty nice so I played way ahead/way behind check/call. He could have had a bigger pair but I was putting him on AK, AQ kind of hands. Did I play this wrong, should I have raised at some point?Let me know what you think.

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Well, the problem here is already what kind of hands do you beat on the turn? :) I don't see really there being many. I'd rather fold my hand while even now knowing much about the opponent.

Best Regards.