SB ($5.63)
      Hero ($5.10)
      UTG ($7.83)
      CO ($5.28)
      BTN ($3.37)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: K:club:

fold, CO raises to $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, fold, Hero calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.47) Q:heart: K:diamond: 3:spade:

Hero bets $0.33, CO raises to $0.88, BTN folds, Hero raises to $1.43, CO folds

Hero shows Q:club: K:club:

Hero wins $2.12

I have a VERY strong image at this table playing 17/17 with W$SD 100% and only showing down strong starting hands. I assume the reg picked up on this as he was only 2-tabling and we had both been at the table for quite a while.

BU is huge fish playing 90% of hands..

CO is reg player 16/11 and I saw him to have a strong range ... My first instinct was to squeeze, but given his strong range, I decided to call and let go my hand if I missed, and I didn't want to scare the fish while at the same time isolating myself vs. top end of CO's range, if the board come as it did (broadways) my intention was to simply adjust to CO's reactions.

Do you think the donk bet is good here?

C-Bet of reg is only 46%

Do you think I should of called his re-raise instead of 3-betting? Or I guess jamming is an option but not one I thought about while in the hand.

I was playing 3-bet / fold here due to the chance I was already crushed, If he called I assume I am ahead and value bet (Turn and river dependent obviously).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello MrMardyBum,

Nah, your play is totally fine here. No point to Call the flop anyways vs his min-raise. It wouldn't make for us better on the turn anyways and at the same time it may make even worse for the opponent on the turn. Nice hand! I might 3bet a bit bigger than give so good odds for him to draw for SD.

Best Regards.