This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A/Ko NL2 against flushdraw

• Pampoen
      Pampoen
      Bronze
      O.K so far i'm having a great day post flop. hope it never stops.

I hit my straight on the flop, but with a possible flush draw as well so I put a pot size bet in hoping every body would fold, but as you can see on villain stats he had played 50% of his hands.

Since he had not folded to my raise I put him on PP or 2clubs. I did not want to put in a pot size bet on the turn because now I was scared for the flush and this is always a problem with me I always think i'm going to get beaten on later streets.

The river is a club, but he did not bet? Now I am thinking is he slow playing or bluffing. I did not take the chance and just checked.

My question here is should I have bet more pre flop to take the pot since i dont like to play out flops like this. Win is a win for me I can get more $$$ later.

On the river should I have known that he did not have the flush?

Sorry about all the essays just want people to understand what I am thinking

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $0.75
      Hero:
      $3.37

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , K:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) Q:club: , J:diamond: , T:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.54) 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.54) 2:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.54

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, ace high (Ad Kc)
      SB shows (9s 9d)

Hero wins with a straight, ace high (Ad Kc)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Droewors,

I don't really get your line here at all? Why do you Check turn behind? You have the nuts! Bet for value and protect your hand. :( Also as played I'd still Bet the river.

Best Regards.