[NL2-NL10] A/Ko NL2 against flushdraw

• Pampoen
      O.K so far i'm having a great day post flop. hope it never stops.

I hit my straight on the flop, but with a possible flush draw as well so I put a pot size bet in hoping every body would fold, but as you can see on villain stats he had played 50% of his hands.

Since he had not folded to my raise I put him on PP or 2clubs. I did not want to put in a pot size bet on the turn because now I was scared for the flush and this is always a problem with me I always think i'm going to get beaten on later streets.

The river is a club, but he did not bet? Now I am thinking is he slow playing or bluffing. I did not take the chance and just checked.

My question here is should I have bet more pre flop to take the pot since i dont like to play out flops like this. Win is a win for me I can get more $$$ later.

On the river should I have known that he did not have the flush?

Sorry about all the essays just want people to understand what I am thinking

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , K:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) Q:club: , J:diamond: , T:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.54) 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.54) 2:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.54

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, ace high (Ad Kc)
      SB shows (9s 9d)

Hero wins with a straight, ace high (Ad Kc)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Droewors,

I don't really get your line here at all? Why do you Check turn behind? You have the nuts! Bet for value and protect your hand. :( Also as played I'd still Bet the river.

Best Regards.