This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50SH : Read, thus bluff

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      BU:
      $45.50
      SB:
      $159.81
      MP3:
      $56.02
      CO:
      $77.06
      Hero:
      $50

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, BU calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $3.00, BU calls $2.50, SB calls $2.50.

Flop: ($9.00) 5:diamond: , 4:diamond: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7, BU calls $7.00, SB calls $7.00.

Turn: ($30.00) 9:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $25.50, BU folds, SB calls $25.50.

River: ($81.00) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $124.31 (All-In), Hero raises to $14.50 (All-In).

Final Pot: $219.81

On that flop, I decided to c-bet with a K high flush draw and see where my opponents would stand. I have a history with both and they both are very, very straightforward players (i.e. raise/protect every made again, call every draw)
      So I knew perfectly where he was at, so was it ok to try to push them out of the pot on the turn ??

I know it's not a play by the books, but if you're really certain about a villain's hand ... I don't know.
  • 7 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      sure, if you feel you have the required fold equity adding to the times where you don't, but have live outs, then do it :) . but i'd prefer betting potsize, or possibly even shoving, the turn as you're committed anyway.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Shoulda shoved obviously, but i didn't give odds for a draw anyway.
      Just wasn't sure whether I shoulda done anything at all. It's check or shove ...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      The board is so coordinated that I would check probably on the flop.
      If you decided to bet on the flop, you should really give up the turn. You´re pot committed and betting into two people who called your flop bet.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I think betting the flop is fine: the A is not very likely in their range. Hence, we typically draw to the best flush and have 2 overcards, which gives us good equity. The turn is a typical check behind. If you are pretty sure that they have draws, then its ok, but you really need a good read.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Yea, well, that was my thought as well.
      They'd need a made high flush or A high flush draw to flat call, a low flush, two pair or set to reraise me. As they both call, I could put them on a draw quite easily (little risk of a made flush, but it's possible)
      That's why I went for it at the turn, push them out because they shouldn't have had the odds and given their straight forward play in the past.
      Obviously A:d9 is what he had, so I think I still made the right move (albeit I shoulda pushed turn)
      Right ?
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      I don't like a turnshove at all, I think he's calling you only when you're at best behind and at worst completely crushed. It's not because you don't give him the proper odds to draw at his A :diamond: flushdraw (which he almost always has here, I don't think he'd draw with the Q :diamond: or lower), that he'll necessarily lay his hand down. If he assumes that he has 15 outs (diamonds, deuces and aces) and puts a slight range of bluffs in your range, he's even almost getting the odds to call.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Hmm, didn't take the idiot straight draw into account, you're right.