This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Wannabe bad man blog

• sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      Hey Y'all

I have been studying poker for around 2 months now as i was a losing player for years.

I have been reading peoples posts and blogs and thought i would write my own so i could put my thought process out there and get some feedback and ideas if not i get to rant a bit and it saves the missus from hearing any of it as she hates poker, but i hate her shitty tv programs so i guess we both put up with it...(especially 16 and pregnant- so shit :)

I have recently finished busting my ass at $nl10 and have just started on nl25...my roll is currently $1k after winning $35 today in 200 hands.

My thoughts on the limit so far is that players tend to be a little tighter and more aggro pre-flop (3 betting, 4 betting, shoving etc)

I have found it easier to apply ranges to players and situations.

I am really trying to practice the range part of my game as it is clearly so important.

I will start by posting a couple of hands that i had trouble with and see if it makes sense to any of you?
  • 4 replies
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      $25 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, December 28, 10:10:59 EST 2011

player is a 26/19 agg factor 5 ( i had 3 bet him a few times and just won a pot. he was raising in the region of 30% of his range on the button so rather than 3 bet again i thought i would flat and let him bluff a bit

Seat 6: VictimBlom BTN ( $26.36 USD )
      Seat 2: HERO BB( $63.72 USD )

Hero dealt 99

VictimBlom raises [$0.75 USD]
      hero calls [$0.65 USD]

KonVoy folds
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ 4h, Ac, 3d ]
      hero checks
      VictimBlom bets [$1.25 USD]

hero raises [$2.75 USD]
      VictimBlom calls [$1.50 USD]
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ Jh ]
      hero bets [$1.75 USD]
      VictimBlom raises [$3.50 USD]

Hero folds

VictimBlom wins $11.97 USD

do you think i was too weak and he could be folding? picked up a flush draw? or had the hand. his aggression factor on the turn is sml in comparison to the flop so i let the hand go but afterwards i thought i should have gone along for the ride as he has a lot of air and draws he would bet and he did call my check raise on the flop?

this kind of hand happens a lot and im not sure what line to take if i go against 3 betting for balance?
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      $25 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, December 28, 10:10:59 EST 2011

player is a 26/19 agg factor 5 ( i had 3 bet him a few times and just won a pot. he was raising in the region of 30% of his range on the button so rather than 3 bet again i thought i would flat and let him bluff a bit

Seat 6: VictimBlom BTN ( $26.36 USD )
      Seat 2: HERO BB( $63.72 USD )

Hero dealt 99

VictimBlom raises [$0.75 USD]
      hero calls [$0.65 USD]

KonVoy folds
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ 4h, Ac, 3d ]
      hero checks
      VictimBlom bets [$1.25 USD]

hero raises [$2.75 USD]
      VictimBlom calls [$1.50 USD]
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ Jh ]
      hero bets [$1.75 USD]
      VictimBlom raises [$3.50 USD]

Hero folds

VictimBlom wins $11.97 USD

do you think i was too weak and he could be folding? picked up a flush draw? or had the hand. his aggression factor on the turn is sml in comparison to the flop so i let the hand go but afterwards i thought i should have gone along for the ride as he has a lot of air and draws he would bet and he did call my check raise on the flop?

this kind of hand happens a lot and im not sure what line to take if i go against 3 betting for balance?
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      this one the player is a 12/9 tight pass player over 100 hands. it span me out when i saw what he had as i expected if i was beat it would have been at least pocket nines? dont know if i would play it any different but let me know ya thoughts..

$25 USD NL Seat 5 is the button
      Total number of players : 6/6

Seat 2: Barcelona121 ( $30.44 USD )
      Seat 6: DrAgOnFoRc3 ( $8.48 USD )
      Seat 3: EnTrDoFLeiNi ( $25 USD )
      Seat 5: Hero ( $26.20 USD )
      Seat 1: gibonu49 ( $7.79 USD )
      Seat 4: o0_maus_0o ( $26.29 USD )
      gibonu49 posts small blind [$0.10 USD].
      Barcelona121 posts big blind [$0.25 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to HERO [ Kh Ah ]

EnTrDoFLeiNi raises [$0.75 USD]
      o0_maus_0o calls [$0.75 USD]
      HERO raises [$2.25 USD]
      gibonu49 folds
      Barcelona121 folds
      EnTrDoFLeiNi calls [$1.50 USD]
      o0_maus_0o calls [$1.50 USD]

** Dealing Flop ** [ 9s, 2s, 2c ]
      EnTrDoFLeiNi checks
      o0_maus_0o checks
      HERO bets [$3.50 USD]
      EnTrDoFLeiNi calls [$3.50 USD]
      o0_maus_0o folds
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ Kd ]
      EnTrDoFLeiNi checks
      HERO bets [$8.25 USD]
      EnTrDoFLeiNi calls [$8.25 USD]
      ** Dealing River ** [ Jd ]
      EnTrDoFLeiNi is all-In [$11 USD]
      HERO calls [$11 USD]

I thought worst case i got sucked out on with jj as aa kk he would have 4 bet pre and he was tight so i didnt think he would call the 3 bet PF with 22, maybe 99 but unlikely OOP and jj was def in the range.

Anyways answer underneath. thoughts? would you play it different? or is it just a lol and get on with another hand and play it the same?

EnTrDoFLeiNi shows [ 2d, 2h ]four of a kind, Twos.
      EnTrDoFLeiNi wins $49.97 USD
    • sucker1952
      sucker1952
      Bronze
      just got a £800 tax rebate in the post.

Happy New year.

Nl50 getting closer. anyone else get a nice suprise in the mail?

:)