Is it possible to get Strategy Points after a while of playing in a poker room?

• p0kerdragon1
      p0kerdragon1
      Bronze
      Hi,

I was away from the tables for a while and now I am back at 888 poker.

I've been playing since November but I registered the poker room on my Pokerstrategy account until today.

My question is: Will I receive any SP for the past days, or will I receive them from now on?

Currently I am bronze, I want to win SP mainly because of the strategy articles.

Thanks in advance

;)
  • 30 replies
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      You should recive all the points
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkprice
      You should recive all the points
      That is not 100% correct.

IF he has a tracked account on 888, than he can get the SPs for the last 14 days. Everything before will not come to his Strategy acc.

Question: Have you only write your 888 nick into the field from Pokerstrategy or have you a tracked acc at 888? Have you download the software from the Pokerstrategy site?
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi p0kerdragon1,
      As I understand it, if you entered the bonus code for 888 poker then you will receive your strategy points from the date you entered the code.

Regards,

Mal.
    • p0kerdragon1
      p0kerdragon1
      Bronze
      Hi everybody,

I just wrote my nick at the poker room section at PS.

I did not insert promo code at 888. There is an automatic 100% Welcome Bonus and a free$8 usd which I will retrieve when I Tell-a-Friend and he wins a lot of points.

I downloaded the software directly from 888 site.

And if you ask, I am not willing to move to another poker room. This site is great to make some profit

I guess I have a small chance to link my PS account to 888 but I am giving it a shot anyways.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do

Best Regards
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi p0kerdragon1,
      As I understand it, if you entered the bonus code for 888 poker then you will receive your strategy points from the date you entered the code.

Regards,

Mal.
      Hi Mal!

Are you sure? Is it different from platform to platform?

I have talked to the suppor ta while ago and asked about tracking.

If I create an account on stars with strategy-en play there and make VPP. After 2 months, I put in my nick inside the Strategy profile (here).
      Now, I will receive only for the last 2 weeks Strategypoints and not for the whole two months.

If I understood anything wrong, don't look at my post. :D
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerdragon1
      Hi everybody,

I just wrote my nick at the poker room section at PS.

I did not insert promo code at 888. There is an automatic 100% Welcome Bonus and a free$8 usd which I will retrieve when I Tell-a-Friend and he wins a lot of points.

I downloaded the software directly from 888 site.

And if you ask, I am not willing to move to another poker room. This site is great to make some profit

I guess I have a small chance to link my PS account to 888 but I am giving it a shot anyways.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do

Best Regards
      If you downloaded the software directly from 888, you are not tracked on this site. Sorry. :(

Have you made a first deposit on 888? If not, you can try to write to support on 888. Say them you will only deposit, when you cann create a new account tracked by Strategy. Sometimes it will help.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone for helping out here :) :heart:

Just to confirm, if you're account is tracked properly to PokerStrategy.com, You'll received all StrategyPoints you ever accumulated at 888poker. Which means, it will update in a few days for you and all points will be added even from before.

Hope this helps
      Ingrid
    • p0kerdragon1
      p0kerdragon1
      Bronze
      Great news Ingrid!

I will let you all know after the 7 days period the outcome

Thanks
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi p0kerdragon1,

so basically:
      - IF you are tracked, you will get ALL points you have ever played on that site
      - if you are NOT tracked, you will get nothing

so the real question is not whether you will get all your points but whether you are tracked or not.

some clues to help: did you use the PokerStrategy.com link so that your account will be tracked?

if you just found it on the web and downloaded it --> made your account then just put your username on the blank here, you will not be tracked.

also, you do not have to wait 7 days, usually the points update in around 2 days.

so let us know ok? :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • p0kerdragon1
      p0kerdragon1
      Bronze
      Hi Wendy,

"if you just found it on the web and downloaded it --> made your account then just put your username on the blank here, you will not be tracked."

That's exactly what I did. So I guess I will not receive anything automatically.

Do you know any other users in a similar situation with 888?
      Maybe if I contact 888 customer support and ask to link my account with PS?

Thanks for your help
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      I have only heard about, that it could be possible, if you haven't deposit yet. As said, then you can contact support of 888 and ask, if they track your account. But I don't know the chance of tracking.

Try it and give us a feedback here. :)
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Hi Wendy,

"if you just found it on the web and downloaded it --> made your account then just put your username on the blank here, you will not be tracked."

That's exactly what I did. So I guess I will not receive anything automatically.

Do you know any other users in a similar situation with 888?
      Maybe if I contact 888 customer support and ask to link my account with PS?

Thanks for your help
      Unfortunately, you'll not be able to track your 888poker account to your PokerStrategy.com profile, as you didn't create the account through us. To find out more please click here.

If you need anything else, you can let me know by replying to the ticket.

Adios amigoooooo... :)
    • p0kerdragon1
      p0kerdragon1
      Bronze
      Thanks Mark and everyone

Confirmed with 888 poker Customer Support.

No way to track my PS account if downloaded directly from the poker room

Cheers
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Thanks Mark and everyone

Cheers
      Very unlucky! What do you want to do now? Do you want to switch to an other room? It would be easy to get silver status withn 9 dayy of playing tracked. :)
    • p0kerdragon1
      p0kerdragon1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Silicernium
      Thanks Mark and everyone

Cheers
      Very unlucky! What do you want to do now? Do you want to switch to an other room? It would be easy to get silver status withn 9 dayy of playing tracked. :)
      I am planning to move to Party Poker, after clearing my 888 first deposit bonus next month. I have heard that PP has a lot of traffic and loose/casual players as well.

If you have another good option I obviously consider it too :)
      I am playing MSS NL10
    • lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      I'm probably in a similar situation.. just to be sure.

I created my Pokerstars account years ago and just discovered Pokerstrategy a few days ago. So obviously my account was not created through PS. So there is absolutely no possibility for me to get PS points while playing on Pokerstars right?

Does that also mean that I'll be basic level forever?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lanopano
      I'm probably in a similar situation.. just to be sure.

I created my Pokerstars account years ago and just discovered Pokerstrategy a few days ago. So obviously my account was not created through PS. So there is absolutely no possibility for me to get PS points while playing on Pokerstars right?

Does that also mean that I'll be basic level forever?
      Hi lanopano,

Unfortunately, PokerStars strictly do not allow retracking of accounts to PokerStrategy. This has been an issue for a number of members over the last couple of years. There has been numerous attempts by both members and staff over the last while and PokerStars are simply not moving on the matter.

So I'm afraid, this won't be a possibility :(

But! But But!

This does not mean you will be basic level forever. To start earning strategy points all you have to do is choose one of our partner rooms, download using one of our links, use our bonus codes and start grinding, grinding, grinding!!!

By opening a new account, not only do you get a juicy first deposit bonus, you also get rakeback (if applicable) or a decent VIP system that offers a form of rakeback. We also have rake-races in certain rooms so if you have grind on the mind this could be another way of earning some $$$

Once you've correctly tracked your account to us, you will start earning our Strategy points from the rake you generate at the Poker Room you choose.

If you are not sure of which room to choose from our list you can always pop in to our dedicated thread where you will be given some pro advice from our staff !Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

If there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      How is it going here guys? Have you followed Gary's advice? Managed to decide where to settle then? :)
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Silicernium
      Thanks Mark and everyone

Cheers
      I am planning to move to Party Poker, after clearing my 888 first deposit bonus next month. I have heard that PP has a lot of traffic and loose/casual players as well.

If you have another good option I obviously consider it too :)
      I am playing MSS NL10
      Hallo!

Look at Garys Link: Choosing the right pokerroom for you. This would be the best, to find a new platform.

In my honest opinion, I think Party is not the best room for you. Have you think about Pokerstars? Or do you have their an untracked acc? Other rooms tahn Party have better rakeback conditions for example.

But, post inside the thread above, and everything will go his way. :)