This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] MSS trips on river

• shironagasukujira
      shironagasukujira
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $2.38
      Hero:
      $0.74

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , Q:club:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.19) 7:diamond: , 6:diamond: , 2:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.19) Q:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.14, MP3 calls $0.14.

River: ($0.47) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.2, MP3 raises to $2.16 (All-In), Hero calls $0.32 (All-In).

I know there's probability of villain's flush and I think bet on river is my fault. but, should I call his raise?
      and, how about if I didn't bet on river and the villain bet, should I call his bet as well?
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Heyhello!

I dont understand why you dont cBet this flop, now it just means you are giving up your hand so often and you dont hit your Q or A often enough to make money

Now I would bet 18cents on the Turn for more value, the River is close like what is important is that you need to know if he check/calls worse on the River. This player plays pretty tight so I think not because he would lead out Qx on the Turn

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • shironagasukujira
      shironagasukujira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv

I dont understand why you dont cBet this flop, now it just means you are giving up your hand so often and you dont hit your Q or A often enough to make money

Because the villain seems a passive player and the board didn't looks good for cbet. I thought my cbet could get easily called.
      Am I betting too weak?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I think you are more looking at your own hand, I have no problems taking it down on the Flop versus Khi and Qhi hands for example as they will mostly bet out as a bluff on Turn and River which makes calling a very tough job to do!

Best regards,
      Gerv