[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH AJh

• mishh06
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

MP ($85.95)
      CO ($81.75)
      Button ($91.85)
      SB ($50)
      Hero ($68.15)
      UTG ($62.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      2 folds, CO raises to $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 6, A, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO calls $3.

Turn: ($10.25) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, CO calls $6.

River: ($22.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $12, CO raises to $29.5, Hero calls $17.50.

Final Pot: $81.25

villain is 31/13/1.2 . I'm having a bit of trouble in spots like this at NL50, i'm just learning to adjust my game from NL25 so any advice would be much appreciated!
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      If Co steals a lot then I´d prefer 3-bet pf with AJs.
      Thatś why it is good to add Att. To Steal with PAHUD stats on table layouts.

Actually I´d 3-bet even if he doesn´t steal that often, because AJs is just too strong to just call and you´re playing oop.

So you called and you hit A on drawy board.

Although betting out is fine, you should consider c/c flop.
      Why? Because he would always contibet here (A high board) and you can get extra value if he decides to bet with air or smaller pp.
      Since you lead out and he called I think betting out on the turn is also fine, but you might also consider c/c. Itś very hard to fold re-raise and it also looks weak if you bet flop and check turn. Then he would probably bet with any pair.
      River is bet/fold or c/c. I also like c/c, because he would fold all the worse hands (expect maybe A9, A7, A5, A4, A3, A2) and re-raise with best hands.
      Although your hand is quite strong, you´re behind against all the full houses and AQ, AK.
      He might also bluff with busted flushdraw and he would definetely bet out with A.

General suggestion: don´t protect the hand with your stack. If you´re making valuebets then think what weaker hands would call your bets and re-raise or c/r on the turn or river means often monster.