[NL2-NL10] NL4; HU: T7o against fish

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $4.17 (104.3 bb)
      BB: $3.97 (99.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7 T
      Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.24) 6 K A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.18, BB calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.60) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.45, Hero folds

Results: $0.60 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: 6 K A 9
      Hero mucked 7 T and lost (-$0.30 net)
      BB mucked and won $0.56 ($0.26 net)

Opponent's stats: VP/PFR/Foldtoflopcbet/3bet/WTSD/hands
      77/41/39(18)/6.7/9/88

1) Is this a good enough hand to raise against this opponent?
      2) The Cbet probably is not good, right?
  • 15 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Well, depends what kind of table we have. Is it standard HU table or not. If you think you have an edge on the opponent then definitely fine to raise. If it's rather just SH table then I wouldn't really raise here with such a hand if we are OOP. :) Otherwise not much to do.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      We are IP. When are we OOP in HU frm the SB?

What do you think about the Cbet?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      We are IP. When are we OOP in HU frm the SB?

Normally in SH table you would be OOP. ;)

What do you think about the Cbet?

How do you want to win the pot then?
      Bronze
      Normally in SH table you would be OOP.

Since when? When there are 2 players playing at the table, be it a HU table or a SH table, the SB is always IP.

How do you want to win the pot then?

Can we Cbet against him in particular? He doesn't seem to be folding to Cbets too often.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Since when? When there are 2 players playing at the table, be it a HU table or a SH table, the SB is always IP.

? If you are 6max and you are on SB you are OOP. If you are HU then it's whole different story. Some trackers still show you only 2 players although it might be still 6max game. Haven't figured out it yet when they do it. Maybe just Elephant does or some bad converters.

Can we Cbet against him in particular? He doesn't seem to be folding to Cbets too often.

Well, I said, not much to do. :) What do you think?
      Bronze
      ? If you are 6max and you are on SB you are OOP. If you are HU then it's whole different story. Some trackers still show you only 2 players although it might be still 6max game. Haven't figured out it yet when they do it. Maybe just Elephant does or some bad converters.

This is not the case. This is hU :)

Well, I said, not much to do. What do you think?

I think it is a close decision at best. His range preflop is very wide I would say, but that does not seem to prevent him from calling Cbets on the flop. If he is indeed folding only 40% of all times I Cbet, taking that into account as well as this particular board, which is not the driest, Cbetting doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Then you shouldn't be playing such hands at all if you don't even CB Axx boards. :) What kind of board do you hope to hit then or which board will you CB?
      Bronze
      Then you shouldn't be playing such hands at all if you don't even CB Axx boards. What kind of board do you hope to hit then or which board will you CB?

Does it mean that we should be openraising a rather tight range for HU against people who don't fold to Cbets too often? (by tight I mean a range that is no smaller than T9o 78s Ax K8o+ or something like that)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Then you shouldn't be playing such hands at all if you don't even CB Axx boards. What kind of board do you hope to hit then or which board will you CB?

Does it mean that we should be openraising a rather tight range for HU against people who don't fold to Cbets too often? (by tight I mean a range that is no smaller than T9o 78s Ax K8o+ or something like that)
      Here comes into handy dynamics what is the case with HU. You should talk more about the opponent and notes and not just use stats. Stats are usually less accurate than any note or dynamics. But I would never-ever skip CB on an Axx board with any hand I raise.
      Bronze
      But I would never-ever skip CB on an Axx board with any hand I raise.

Say we are up against a complete calling station and we have JTo. The board comes Ah 5h 2h. We don't have the FD. Do you still Cbet?

This is an extreme example, obviously.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Why not? We have definitely fold equity, we have some backdoors like we could hit the J or T if he is a huge station who calls with worse pairs/PPs. And how else we gonna find out how the opponent is playing if we even don't CB Axx boards being IP.
      Bronze
      Ok, thanks!
      Axx are going to be Cbet without mercy from now on :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Ok, thanks!
      Axx are going to be Cbet without mercy from now on :)
      Till someone fights back. :)
      Bronze
      Till someone fights back.

Like when I am up against a good opponent where checking behind for pot control with a made hand and checking behind because the opponent is capable of frequent check/raise bluffs or calling with medium strength hands?
      That probably shouldn't be the case on NL4?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Till someone fights back.

Like when I am up against a good opponent where checking behind for pot control with a made hand and checking behind because the opponent is capable of frequent check/raise bluffs or calling with medium strength hands?
      That probably shouldn't be the case on NL4?
      You will never know. :) But most likely yes, not. They are still able to float loose.