[NL2-NL10] Nl4; Hu: 88 Oop

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $4.15 (103.8 bb)
      SB: $4.85 (121.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 8
      SB raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.32) 3 T 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.64) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($0.64) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB checks

Results: $0.64 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: 3 T 7 4 A
      Hero mucked 8 8 and won $0.60 ($0.28 net)
      SB showed 3 K and lost (-$0.32 net)

Opponent's stats: VP/PFR/AF/Cbetflop/CbetTurn/WTSD/hands
      77/41/1.3/50(2)/0(1)/9/88

Standard?

Or could I have bet the river?
  • 12 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

I'd actually even donk the turn after his small Bet on the flop which shows me weakness and protect my hand from any kind of draws/overcards. :)

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Would you have bet the turn if it was an overcard as well?

After donking the turn what is your plan for the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Would you have bet the turn if it was an overcard as well?

After donking the turn what is your plan for the river?
      Most likely either Check/Fold on such a river unless it's a small Bet. And yes, also with overcards.
      Bronze
      Check/calling the flop and donking the turn sounds like an unorthodox line. In which situations would you recommend it?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Check/calling the flop and donking the turn sounds like an unorthodox line. In which situations would you recommend it?
      When you want to protect your hand, when you see that opponent line on the flop with the Cb is weak. And when we of course expect to be ahead.
      Bronze
      Would you suggest check/calling the flop and donking the turn on a relatively bad turn card with a set as well? Especially against someone who does not 2nd barrel too often.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Would you suggest check/calling the flop and donking the turn on a relatively bad turn card with a set as well? Especially against someone who does not 2nd barrel too often.
      If I had a set on the flop then I am Check/Raising right on flop.
      Bronze

Not against all opponents, obviously? I mean, if it is a dry board, what do you expect to get called by against relatively decent opponents?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Not against all opponents, obviously? I mean, if it is a dry board, what do you expect to get called by against relatively decent opponents?
      You are asking from what we expect to get called vs our Check/Raise but you ain't still CBetting against this type of opponents on Axx boards. Just doesn't look logical. If you think he floats a lot of Axx boards then he is definitely capable of calling here with all draws and maybe even overcards and definitely any pair. What would it change for us on the turn?
      Bronze
      You are asking from what we expect to get called vs our Check/Raise but you ain't still CBetting against this type of opponents on Axx boards.

I am not talking about this opponent anymore.

I am talking now about a situation different from this one e.i. a situation where we are against a decent opponent. The question is: would check/raising with a set then be better than check/calling on a dry board. What do we expect to get called by in that kind of a situation?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      As this is HU it would depend a lot on the opponent. In poker you will never see a default line. Especially in HU. Against some we c/r, against some we c/c and donk the turn, against some we might even c/r the turn. If there would be a standard line in poker then don't you think that everyone would be making money from it?
      Bronze
      I see. I just wanted to hear that there are alternatives depending on the situation/opponent :) Thanks!