PS 150 - need help

• UpravaKSD
      UpravaKSD
      Bronze
      I've already posted same thread on one of the similar issue by mistake...wanted to create a new one but posted as a reply...well, better two than one, eh? :evil:

so here it is again :rolleyes:

Hello,
      I think I have a similar problem – namely, I started on February 9th 2008, when I received my first part of PS150 bonus offer. I played with it through that month and ended February having 432 STANDARD PP. Note, that I had not deposit any additional money nor claimed any of other bonuses – again in February. Next, I had some serious downsizing and gone ALMOST BROKE, but not entirely and so continuing playing. When I checked my PP some 3 days ago, I realised I am only 7 PP short of claiming additional 100 bonus so I wrote to PartyPoker Costumer Service, inquiring my current status. Thing is, I’ve got back a response my specific bonus offer is exhausted, because of my account gone broke. After checking Bonus section on my Account I’ve realised it is indeed EXHAUSTED. This is a first of puzzles I do not understand. How could I’ve gone broke and still continuing playing without depositing any additional funds?
      After some numerous correspondence with Party’s Costumer Service I still do not have an exact answer to my query.
      As do I nor have strength left to explain to them again and again what puzzles me, nor the understanding of entire situation, I’ve decided to ask any of you to help and resolve this matter. I’ve put a quote of PP below, so if anybody has/had similar issue, or better knows an answer, please respond. No need to tell you, I’m loosing my enthusiasm towards the game and Party’s platform in particular.
      PP Service Quote:
      Further to your concern, please be advised that your PS150 bonus was issued on 9 February 2008 and you had the time to 23:59 ET on 9 May 2008 to earn 300 standard Party Points on Poker in order to release the amount of $49 and start playing toward the second part of the bonus ($100).
      However, what happened is that you earned 233.88 standard Party Points on Poker and for this purpose used up the whole cashout restricted bonus on 22 February 2008. Bear in mind that if the total restricted balance of a pending cashout restricted bonus drops to $0, the bonus is deemed exhausted at the date this happens and is no longer valid.

Meanwhile, I have managed to gain required 7 PP to 800 and indeed gone close to broke, having now just 0,71 USD on my account. But I think it is irrelevant regarding my belief that I should be eligible for that bonus once I’ve built more than 300 PP with basic amount.

Regards
  • 12 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello UpravaKSD,

I will quote what is says in our Quiz section when you sign up with PartyPoker

Step 4 - Activate the $50 bonus

After you have entered your account at the end of this page, we will transfer exactly $1 to your PartyPoker account. This dollar opens the $50 bonus in your account.

Now you can start to play with these $50! Attention: You have 90 days to collect 300 basic PartyPoints (NO MULTIPLIER!) otherwise the bonus expires and you lose the $50 (or what's left). After you have collected 300 basic PartyPoints the money is yours and you can withdraw it if you want to.

Important: The bonus will expire if you make a deposit yourself, or if at any point in time you have less than $1 in your account.

PartyPoker has two bonuses: The first is the 50$ which you can keep after you clear 300 PP. You did this succesfully and thus activated your second bonus, and secured your starting capital.

The second bonus is a further 100$. These need to be cleared without any further deposits or without dropping below $1. If you do not manage to do this it simply expires - but you can keep your $50 to continue playing with.

It appears to me you lost your bankroll attempting to clear this bonus though - dropping below 1$. This led to your bonus expiring.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • riv3rd4ncer
      riv3rd4ncer
      Bronze
      hi all

first post... :P
      still finding my way around the site here, but liking it very much so far.
      already picked up a lot from your SSS articles, and looking forward to reading the rest.
      i never really read anything on poker before and am beginning to realize that it can have it's advantages ;)

anyway, i'm posting because i'm having the same problem.
      however, i never lost my restricted amount (never went below 30$ i think and up at a small profit so far) never reloaded or used any other promotions, and only started playing 2-3 weeks ago (so well within the time limit.)

today i contacted party support because i was wondering why the additional bonus didn't appear after reaching 300 points, and got the same reply.
      "because the restricted amount went below zero, the bonus got exhausted."
      they also explained to me that i made my 524 partypoints after the bonus expired, but how can the bonus have been exhausted before i even played a single hand?
      they told me to contact the affiliate. i created a ticket, but thought i'd mention it here also since it seems to be a recurring thing.

thanks again,
      M_Flatley
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello riv3rd4ncer,

Thanks for the heads-up on this. You were right to contact our support, they will in all likelyhood be able to help you - if this was in fact a technical problem on Party's side.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • riv3rd4ncer
      riv3rd4ncer
      Bronze
      ok, i got another reply from partypoker explaining me that i'm looking at it the wrong way.
      apparently, (it's more complicated than this, but...) winnings don't go in the same balance as the money you started with, but losses do come out of the balance you started with :rolleyes: X( :O
      so although i never went broke, every time i sit down at a table with 2$ and lose it, it's 2$ from the restricted money. every time i win some money, it goes to the "available" balance. (at least that's what i understand from their explanations. it gets deeper, but i don't think those things are applicable to me since i never take much of my bakroll to the tables)
      now; i don't see how it's possible to create that many rake without investing 50$ in the process, but more importantly i don't see how it matters to them. i've proven myself to generate enough rake in less than a sixth of the required time, yet it doesn't count because the rake came from a wrong balance? (something they decided for me in the first place...)

i'm sure it will all be in the small print somewhere again, but i still think this is very cheap of partypoker and certainly don't see this as good advertizing.

anyway, there's some saying about a given horse and i'm definitely not complaining towards pokerstrategy.
      unlike partypoker, i'm very pleased with the service and support here.
      i'll just continue with the 85 "available dollars" i made so far, and maybe move to another pokerroom with more reachable promotions once i get some more.

thanks again,
      M_Flatley
    • UpravaKSD
      UpravaKSD
      Bronze
      Hi again,
      Thanks SoyCD for your effort...but as I understood in my correspondence with PartyPoker, problem occurred during my attempt to claim first part of the bonus that is 50 bucks. According to them, I've collected only 230 and some points out of 300 required, and was so ineligible for even trying to get to 800 points...But as I pointed out, I just reached 800 points yesterday, lost some money and by doing so dropped under 1 USD amount - think, it was for the first time but am not 100% sure; yet am sure, I had not dropped below 1 dollar amount before clearing 300 points. Well I guess your interpretation stands but they did not explained it to me in that fashion - thanks again anyway.

All I wanted from them is to tell me how this happened, instead of their ongoing interpretation of "exhausting" available bonus...nevertheless, am going to write to them again...even if do not know how to ask them to explain it to me.

SoyCD, I hope you won't resent if I use your conclusion in further chat with PartyPoker :)

best of luck
    • UpravaKSD
      UpravaKSD
      Bronze
      I believe we do have the same problem, just not in matter of bankroll management :D
      The other thing that bothers me is I got two plain&simple, "farmer logic" answers from Strategy and you, instead of those who are there to "help us 24/7" ?(
      well in my case there is obviously only one thing to do - exchange PP earned so far for some tournament entries or cash it...and yes,try to win some freerolls as well :evil: :evil:
      p.s. as you said - ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLAINTS TOWARDS STRATEGY! GUYS (AND GIRLS ;) ) YOU DELIVER WHAT YOU ADVERTISE!!!

B.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by riv3rd4ncer
      ok, i got another reply from partypoker explaining me that i'm looking at it the wrong way.
      apparently, (it's more complicated than this, but...) winnings don't go in the same balance as the money you started with, but losses do come out of the balance you started with :rolleyes: X( :O
      so although i never went broke, every time i sit down at a table with 2$ and lose it, it's 2$ from the restricted money. every time i win some money, it goes to the "available" balance. (at least that's what i understand from their explanations. it gets deeper, but i don't think those things are applicable to me since i never take much of my bakroll to the tables)
      now; i don't see how it's possible to create that many rake without investing 50$ in the process, but more importantly i don't see how it matters to them. i've proven myself to generate enough rake in less than a sixth of the required time, yet it doesn't count because the rake came from a wrong balance? (something they decided for me in the first place...)

i'm sure it will all be in the small print somewhere again, but i still think this is very cheap of partypoker and certainly don't see this as good advertizing.

anyway, there's some saying about a given horse and i'm definitely not complaining towards pokerstrategy.
      unlike partypoker, i'm very pleased with the service and support here.
      i'll just continue with the 85 "available dollars" i made so far, and maybe move to another pokerroom with more reachable promotions once i get some more.

thanks again,
      M_Flatley
      Hello riv3rd4ncer,

I e-mailed you - to please forward me the mail by PartyPoker. If they are in fact doing it like this I will try to do something about it. I hope this might also actually clear up UpravaKSDs problems as well.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • UpravaKSD
      UpravaKSD
      Bronze
      Hi, SoyCD...

regarding my "problem" listed above, still have got no answer about PS150 bonus...hopefully, you got more lucky? ;)

Please, let me know, if anything new.

Cheers, Bojan
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi UpravaKSD,

Yes I forwarded this problem to the correct people and they have contacted Party in the matter. No results so far, but its being worked on.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • SpreeXXL
      SpreeXXL
      Bronze
      Hi again,

I contacted with the Party Poker support and i have not received any answers from them within a week by now. I also contacted with PS support and he asked me to contact with PP support. He also added that the problem may because i have been trying to open the $100 for more than 90 days. But i have been able to play only 2 months and that is even not close to 90 days. So i hope this problem can be solved quickly, otherwise after a month everyone can say that i have played more than 90 days. Well as soon as this problem is solved, i will change platform.

SoyCD, maybe you have heard something else?

Thank you,
      SpreeXXL
    • com2info
      com2info
      Bronze
      Any solutions to this? I cleared my $50 bonus (made more than 300 party points) but my $100 bonus did not appear. I suspect it's the same problem, because my bankroll did drop to $6 but never less than this.

I am VERY disapointed by this. And I feel cheated. Not by PS, but by PP... I will just waste my last $10 bucks and never return to this site. And tell all my friends this also. Well, with their new stupid reward system it won't even be necessary to tell them to keep away.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi com2info

Write a ticket to our support via our ticket system. If you have played with your whole bankroll PartyPoker might have canceled you bonus.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar