Not looking at cashier/HEM

• JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Just a quick staw poll:

1. How often do you check HEM/PT/Cashier?
      2. Do you check it during a session?
      3. Do you ever purge hands from your database?
      4. Do you think checking HEM result in a deviation from your "A Game"?

I think I check it far to often but I find it hard to stop.
  • 14 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      1. After every session since i usually do the review right after my sessions or before the start of the next session.

2. No. There really isnt a reason to. Its at least a distraction spending time looking at HEM. Its even worse if your stuck and start reviewing and second guessing the plays you made. And even if your up it can hurt you since a lot of people have problems with protecting their ''winnings''.

3. Only when HM starts to get laggy once you have a huge DB.

4. If you mean checking HEM results during a session makes you play worse then the answer is probably yes with a high probability. Knowing the results during a session can't do anything good for your game while it definitly can hurt your game, especially if you have some tilt or confidence problems.

Edit: The first few month when i started playing cash games i would be checking cashier after every decent pot won or lost and it took me a while to get rid of that habit. I pretty much had to force myself not to look at it and after a while i don't feel the need to ever check HEM anymore and i think im playing better since then. It can really screw up your whole session if you check HEM after 10mins of playing and you see your stuck 5BI's already with out even losing a big pot. And if you see your up 5BI's you can feel protetive of you winning and stop playing when your actually running and playing good.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi JonikoP,

I think MatejM47 know what he's talking about and covered a lot of stuff there; and good advice it is to.

I think the last paragraph about sums up where we've all been before at some stage! :f_biggrin:

Have fun,

Mal.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Cheers.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Is there any way to check how many hands played without seeing if ive won or lost any money? Sorry for thread hijack, seemed the place to ask.
    • JonikoP
      JonikoP
      Bronze
      Is there any way to check how many hands played without seeing if ive won or lost any money? Sorry for thread hijack, seemed the place to ask

Good question - I'd like to be able to do this as well.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JonikoP
      Is there any way to check how many hands played without seeing if ive won or lost any money? Sorry for thread hijack, seemed the place to ask

Good question - I'd like to be able to do this as well.
      same here. been wondering if this was even possible
    • ItsTeddyKGB
      ItsTeddyKGB
      Bronze
      If you're on Stars, go to the info tab in your cash table...
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      In HEM2, dunno about HEM1. You can just add a new report called "sessions" and there you can add and delete all the stats you want like hands played your VPIP PFR etc. To see how much I have won or lost in money I just use the "By Stakes" report. I think you can do this to any report, I just chose sessions report to exclude the money.
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      I look at cashier every 2 minutes its annoying :o find a way to block cashier money display $ like you can do on 888 poker
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I am also looking at it. I still have not found any good solution not to look at Money won stat in HEM. It just bother me to much and i have to check it and when i do it for the first time i have to do it again and again:) )

It would be the best that HEM had an option to realize that when we are in the session it simply hide all money won stats:)
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      Glad to know it's not just me with this problem!

I can't get away from seeing my balance as I currently play on Europoker and every time you register for a SNG it shows my balance so I always know what's going on.

I manage to not look at HEM til I suffer a suck out then after that I am clicking away watching my red line go up and my green one go down whilst shouting why always me?! X(
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I don't see what difference it makes whether I look or not, tbh.
      I play a set time, usually 2 hours, so number of hands is irrelevant.

I sometimes have HEM2 "Active Session" open, sometimes I don't.
      If I make decisions based on whether I'm ahead or behind in a session, I'm not aware of it. <== maybe that's a leak.
      I like having the active session tab open because I can easily find and mark hands there for review, even if I'm too busy to do it at the moment.

I do look at the popup on the hero stats to see if a table is unproductive, and if I'm down a bunch, or if I don't like the players within two positions left or right, I sit out the next BB, drop the table and open another.

I *think* I make each bet / fold decision based on:
      --Cards compared to prior action & position (preflop)
      --Goals for the bet -- value bet / bluff / drawing hand (postflop)
      --Stack size (for that table only) -- I might loosen up &/or be more aggressive if I'm deep relative to the other players in the hand.

I recently took a failing stab at NL 50, and got spanked, so I'm back to basics for a couple of months to practice.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I tried today not looking at cash result. I did it!!!!!....for 2 minutes:)
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Sidekick! Counts hands played but do not show any result.