[NL2-NL10] NL4; HU: K9o OOP

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $4.60 (115 bb)
      SB: $4.35 (108.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 K
      SB raises to $0.16, Hero folds

Results: $0.08 pot
      SB mucked and won $0.08 ($0.04 net)

Opponent's stats:
      VP/PFR/AF/Cbetflop/CbetTurn/foldto3bet/WTSD/hands
      77/41/1.3/50(2)/0(1)/20(5)/9/88

I had difficulties determining whether or not this hand is playable. Since his bet was 4xBB I decided to fold in the end, but also probably because I was unsure on how to play the hand in the first place.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Well, that's also the reason why you shouldn't be playing HU in first place. :) Put for example K9o into equilab and take a look how you doing vs his opening range and also take into account that you may win/loose money postflop.

Best Regards.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Dunno why i'm writing this.

3bet to ,41$. If you hit anything on F, bet-bet-shove is probably not a bad line choice.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      Dunno why i'm writing this.

3bet to ,41$. If you hit anything on F, bet-bet-shove is probably not a bad line choice.
      Guess there is no point to teach from pretty basics him what he should do and what not. :D That's why I have been saying to him that first learn either FR/SH and then switch to HU. :D Not like a newcomer goes directly to NBA.
      Bronze
      I understand I shouldn't be playing HU :) I am too bad for that! These are just some of my old hands which I haven't posted yet.

I occasionally open new tables where I do have to play HU for a while until the table starts to fill up. I view it as an opportunity to learn as it is possible to spot many mistakes in one's HU play as you have to play many hands. Those are the only reasons I'm in HU :) To improve!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Don't take it as you are too bad or anything like that. But you ain't ready for it. :) Your thinking and whole poker process ain't that good to understand the dynamics of HU. Kind of hard to write also whole article into one hand evaluation how to play the hand and why. Hope you understand it. :)
      Bronze
      Of course I do. I will try to read some more articles on HU play and I'll see how I do :)