[NL2-NL10] NL4; HU: J8s

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $5 (125 bb)
      BB: $4.09 (102.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8 J
      Hero raises to $0.16, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.32) T K J (2 players)
      BB bets $0.24, Hero folds

Results: $0.32 pot ($0.02 rake)
      Final Board: T K J
      Hero mucked 8 J and lost (-$0.16 net)
      BB mucked and won $0.30 ($0.14 net)

Opponent's stats: VP/PFR/AF/Donkflop/WTSD/hands
      77/41/1.3/17(24)/9/88

I raised to 4BBs preflop because he was so loose that he called 4xBB raises just as often as 3xBB ones.
      On the flop I was a little bit lost though. Decided to fold because I had no plan for the turn and didn't know if he 2nd barrels often or not.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Well, what do you think of your line here? Do you think you gonna play such a spot profitable in long run? If you gonna fold every time your mid-pair and wait just for TP? Does his play make sense? Would he donk with made hand?

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Well, to start with, it's not than he's donking every single flop. In fact, he doesn't do it that often, so I am not too sure about what he donks with here. Even if he donks weaker hands, which I don't know yet, I do not know what he usually does on the turn. If he 2nd barrels often then there is no point in calling here IMO, because we have to fold on the turn so often. I honestly don't know. What do you think he is usually donking with here and how he plays the turn?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Well, to start with, it's not than he's donking every single flop. In fact, he doesn't do it that often, so I am not too sure about what he donks with here. Even if he donks weaker hands, which I don't know yet, I do not know what he usually does on the turn. If he 2nd barrels often then there is no point in calling here IMO, because we have to fold on the turn so often. I honestly don't know. What do you think he is usually donking with here and how he plays the turn?
      Well, I wasn't at the table. :) So I can't really say just according the stats with what he is donking. But I am not putting only strong made hand into his donking range, that's for sure.
      Bronze
      But I am not putting only strong made hand into his donking range, that's for sure.

That I agree with.
      Then again I somehow have the feeling that people who donk the flop, usually bet the turn as well. I don't know why I think so, I hope it is not selective memory.

That is of course not true, right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You can find that always out how he plays the donked pots. :) You are playing HU which means you doing adjustments against opponents but when you even don't understand the basics of opponents donking range then I don't really see that you gonna achieve a good winrate enough to even play very profitable the HU as I have mentioned already.
      Bronze
      Ok, thanks!