This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Am i the bad guy?

• jazey
      jazey
      Bronze
      I thought i would test the water a little bit and play some HU 4NL tonight. Never really played HU but done some reading/watching, felt i was ready to play and actually really enjoyed it.

I wont mention any names but after looking at the HU tables found someone sat on their own, bought in for $4 and asked if he was waiting for anyone imparticular before posting blinds. He said no lets play, and so we did!

After around 350 hands I had made my way up to about $20 (with only the original buy-in) And typed in the chat box:

"Hey dude, sorry its getting late, im gonna have to call it a night in about ten mins i have an early start, do you want to play another time?"

At which point i got called a lucker and watched as the abuse came through.

I understand he was maybe a little tilty as i had just taken around 4 buy-ins from him (from faily good play i thought) I just wanted to know if im missing something? And if i am what is the standard etiquette for playing HU?

Cheers

Jim
  • 9 replies
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Don't play NL4 HU, it's not profitable because of rake. Play HU S&G's if you want to play HU until your rolled for NL50 or 100
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi jazey,

So, let's see; you took this guy for about 4 bI or so, yes? He flames you for doing this, es? You feel a bit , meh, not so much guilty but a little off shall we say, yes?

You played well and he paid you off, is that right?

Ok, jazey;

1. woohoo, you found a guy willing to pay you off for a few BI! Nice going!
      Take a note and remember him and go find him next time! :)

2. He was tilted you say andf flamed and abused you in the chat box?
      Take a note and add to some sort of buddy list wehre you can find him again. :)

3. You outplayed him and he got a bit uppity about it?
      Take a note and ...woah wait minute, there's a pettern here yes?

Got a problem stacking pilchards or wot jazey! Lol

Best regards always,

Mal.
    • jazey
      jazey
      Bronze
      Hell yeah i put notes on him, all i wondered was if he was just tilty or if i deserved it . Never really played HU before so thought 4NL would be a good place to start, but didnt think of HU sngs. cheers for the advise.
    • Ohs
      Ohs
      Bronze
      Im currently beating NL2 HU cash above 40BB/100 over 10k hands :s_cool: . Even though it is not a great sample I think it shows you can have an edge big enough to show reasonable profit since the competition is very poor.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      The only etiquette I've seen at HU that most people seem to respect is not hit'n'running after winning your opponents BI in a small amount of hands.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Online Poker Etiquette @ micros?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Meh, you've played a while and gave time warning before leaving, so all cool, your opponent was a bitch
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      you should've set a date for a replay, and request to move up stakes too.