This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Stopping the Leaks...

• Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      I am trying to figure out the leaks in my game so I decided to get back to basics and the SHC. I figure being a noobie, my top three priority are basic SHC, position and outs and odds.

one of the more senior bronze, mentioned that maybe I was playing too tight.

But if the hero has a pair of tens in an early position and there is one raise and no calls. the SHC says you should fold. Is that too tight?

I also about Outs and Odds..

the pot is 0.80 with a 0.20 to call. pot odds are 4:1

Hero has a pair of Aces :heart: :club: .. and the flop is a rainbow with 1 high cards. 4 :spade: 7 :heart: 10 :diamond: .

If you hold Aces, what are you assuming your opponent is holding?
  • 3 replies
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      It depends of preflop action,but most of the time you are huge favorite in this hand.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Odieone,

For hands I suggest you cut and paste the Hand history into a Hand converter and post it with all details.

With just snippets of a Hand it is hard to get a picture of the action and to give a good analysis. How big is your stack, how big is opponents stack, etc?

With 2 Aces im not thinking whether I'm getting the right odds or outs since I see myself ahead and will re-raise a 20 cent bet here to 1$.

Odds/outs are more applicable to drawing situations.

This article is fresh out of the press: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/993/

Read it :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hey Odieone,

For hands I suggest you cut and paste the Hand history into a Hand converter and post it with all details.

With just snippets of a Hand it is hard to get a picture of the action and to give a good analysis. How big is your stack, how big is opponents stack, etc?

With 2 Aces im not thinking whether I'm getting the right odds or outs since I see myself ahead and will re-raise a 20 cent bet here to 1$.

Odds/outs are more applicable to drawing situations.

This article is fresh out of the press: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/993/

Read it :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
      Yeah I think I will start doing that. I posted it last night before i went to sleep and in the morning I was thinking about it and realized there is just so much more to think about aside from what cards you are holding.

I will drop down to a lower limit, get a few more games and cut & paste the ones that give me trouble. Thanks for the advice