Stopping the Leaks...

• Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      I am trying to figure out the leaks in my game so I decided to get back to basics and the SHC. I figure being a noobie, my top three priority are basic SHC, position and outs and odds.

one of the more senior bronze, mentioned that maybe I was playing too tight.

But if the hero has a pair of tens in an early position and there is one raise and no calls. the SHC says you should fold. Is that too tight?

I also about Outs and Odds..

the pot is 0.80 with a 0.20 to call. pot odds are 4:1

Hero has a pair of Aces :heart: :club: .. and the flop is a rainbow with 1 high cards. 4 :spade: 7 :heart: 10 :diamond: .

If you hold Aces, what are you assuming your opponent is holding?
  • 3 replies
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      It depends of preflop action,but most of the time you are huge favorite in this hand.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Odieone,

For hands I suggest you cut and paste the Hand history into a Hand converter and post it with all details.

With just snippets of a Hand it is hard to get a picture of the action and to give a good analysis. How big is your stack, how big is opponents stack, etc?

With 2 Aces im not thinking whether I'm getting the right odds or outs since I see myself ahead and will re-raise a 20 cent bet here to 1$.

Odds/outs are more applicable to drawing situations.

This article is fresh out of the press: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/993/

Read it :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hey Odieone,

For hands I suggest you cut and paste the Hand history into a Hand converter and post it with all details.

With just snippets of a Hand it is hard to get a picture of the action and to give a good analysis. How big is your stack, how big is opponents stack, etc?

With 2 Aces im not thinking whether I'm getting the right odds or outs since I see myself ahead and will re-raise a 20 cent bet here to 1$.

Odds/outs are more applicable to drawing situations.

This article is fresh out of the press: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/993/

Read it :)

Best regards,
      SoyCD
      Yeah I think I will start doing that. I posted it last night before i went to sleep and in the morning I was thinking about it and realized there is just so much more to think about aside from what cards you are holding.

I will drop down to a lower limit, get a few more games and cut & paste the ones that give me trouble. Thanks for the advice