UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($9.45)
      UTG+2 ($10)
      MP1 ($9.40)
      MP2 ($11.40)
      CO ($17.44)
      BTN ($14.95)

Dealt to Hero 6:spade: 6:heart:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.10, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.45, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold

Hero shows 6:spade: 6:heart:

Hero wins $1.05

Mp1 is a big fish and BTN is a tagish player playing 14/8 over 8k hands

Looked like an isolation so I figured a 3bet bluff was in order. good spot?
  • 5 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Calling is better. Multiway with pair vs fish and reg with possible tight range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yayasarika,

If MP1 is a big fish why do you 3bet here? I just don't get it. Pretty standard spot where to Call and play for the set value. It's even a leak I would say to 3bet in that kind of spot.

Best Regards.
    • yayasarika
      yayasarika
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yeah I was focusing to much on BU range and thinking he would isolate wide and that I could easily take down the pot preflop. If the fish often calls, I agree that set mining is the better line.

if I think the fish almost always fold to my 3bet and the BU isolates wide here is it a good idea to 3bet bluff suited connectors here?
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      It depends on the fish. If he is a calling station, BU should be limping behind speculative hands and isolating with high card value hands. If you 3bet bluff, there's a good chance that either the fish or BU will continue.

If fish is weak tight pre or postflop, BU can potentially have any 2 cards, as the spot is profitable by itself. In this case you can 3bet really wide
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by yayasarika
      Hi,

Yeah I was focusing to much on BU range and thinking he would isolate wide and that I could easily take down the pot preflop. If the fish often calls, I agree that set mining is the better line.

if I think the fish almost always fold to my 3bet and the BU isolates wide here is it a good idea to 3bet bluff suited connectors here?
      Why do you want the fish to fold to 3bet? I just don't get it. Why not just Call and hit big time postflop? And the fish may pay you with the whole stack.