This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Blind steal in NL10 6-max turned into flopped flush

• Zareos
      Zareos
      Bronze
      My pokertracker3 graph says this move was +EV, but I'm not sure about it. Should I have folded turn? I thought he was representing anything from two-pair, a set, a straight or a flush. He pot size bet on flop, then turn. I thought he was protecting a set from the very flushy flop.

I know stealing with 98s from CO is potentially loose, but I had a tight reputation on the table, most of my steals were working and my previous showdown hands were AA and KK, so I felt my reputation could have enabled me to take down the pot pre-flop or with a cbet. I do like to keep a slightly wide BB Steal range particularly in 6max. Had I been 3bet preflop, I would have folded.

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $2.44
      SB: $9.63
      BB: $10.70
      UTG: $11.97
      MP: $10.00
      Hero (CO): $13.47

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 8:club: 9:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, SB calls $0.35, fold

Flop: ($0.90, 2 players) J:club: Q:club: 4:club:
      SB bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.30, SB calls $1.40

Turn: ($5.50, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      SB bets $5.50, Hero raises to $10.77, SB calls $1.43

River: ($19.36, 2 players) Q:spade:

SB shows Q:diamond: J:heart: (Full House, Queens full of Jacks) (Pre 60%, Flop 17%, Turn 9%)
      Hero shows 8:club: 9:club: (Flush, Queen High) (Pre 40%, Flop 83%, Turn 91%)
      SB wins $18.40

I got my money in ahead, but was it the right call I didn't have a very strong flush (gutshot straight-flush draw excluded)? It could easily have been flush < flush.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Zareos,

Nah, I doubt that I am getting away here. But what I would do is that I would raise it bigger on the flop and then most likely play for the stacks. You practically min-raise there. :)

Best Regards.