[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH: QQ overpair

• EmCeeRob
      EmCeeRob
      Bronze
      Hi,

just wanted to ask if my thoughts were +EV.

First Villains stats: 24/23/17/4 (vpip/prf/3bet/af) over 110hands
      He seems to be pretty aggressive.
      My stats were also pretty aggressive on that table (21/20/14/3)

After he cold called my 3bet, i put him mainly on suited connectors and mid pocket pairs. I thought he would 4bet higher PP.

The flop was ok, he could have hit a set or a draw. Due to his agressive style, i decided to c/r with the intent to go broke (was more or less potcommited after my c/r), because i thought he would semibluff every draw. furthermore he just bet 1/2pot size on a wet board, which means to me "i have no made hand".

iPoker - £0.10 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (SB): £10.10
      BB: £15.11
      UTG: £10.50
      MP: £10.39
      CO: £9.84
      BTN: £10.44

Hero posts SB £0.05, BB posts BB £0.10

Pre Flop: (£0.15) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG raises to £0.40, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to £1.30, fold, UTG calls £0.90

Flop: (£2.70, 2 players) J:diamond: 7:club: 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG bets £1.35, Hero raises to £4.60, UTG raises to £9.20, Hero calls £4.20

Turn: (£20.30, 2 players) 9:spade:

River: (£20.30, 2 players) J:club:

It turned out he had Aces, which he slowplayed preflop... he totally outplayed me with that move ;)
      Anything for me to do better? Was my play +EV against his handrange/stats?

Thank you for help!
  • 5 replies
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hi!

He seems a reasonable player so i wouldnt 3bet his utg oR with QQ, just flat.
    • YxieAA
      YxieAA
      Silver
      Hi EmCeeRob,

i think you can 3-bet preflop with QQ but i don't like your plan to c/r the flop.
      Why would you do that if you think you might be behind because he might have a set or ahead because when he has a draw? I'd only go for a c/r if i'm sure that i'm ahead.

He bets only 1/2 pot. Would'nt a semi bluff be bigger? No 4bet pre flop, smallish bet on flop: he feels no need to protect his hand. And as he is aggressive and you too (and he knows that you are)..... trap????

But i might be pre-occupied because i read that he had aces...

Good luck at the tables!
    • EmCeeRob
      EmCeeRob
      Bronze
      so what should be my line?

b/f flop against that aggressive player?
      i would bet about 1.90 on the flop, if i call the raise i am potcommitet.

if i bet and he just calls, there would be about 6.50 in thepot and i have ~6.50 left. that means i have to decide if i shove or fold the turn.

hm, i always hate it, if some has a set or higher overpair then me :( . but i think if i play more cautious i will lose a lot of value if he just has tp or a good draw.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I would flat pre unless:

(1) he is opening unusually wide UTG

(2) he is play sub optimally against your 3bet range by either calling or 4betting too much.

Since he seems loose, and you think he is calling connectors and pocket pairs, I am fine with the 3bet.

Postflop: I would bet since he has more mid pockets, AK, and draws than air on this board. These hands are mostly continuing.

Check turn since many of the worse hands that called the flop are folding. He will also prob bet anything with no made hand, allowing you to making a very +EV jam. If he checks back, value bet the river small.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello EmCeeRob,

Preflop: Well, do you plan to do the 3bet for value here? Or what's your plan? Against UTG it's kind of close to 3bet since you will rarely see a lot worse hands which Call you.

As played
      Postflop: I don't like the Check/Raise at all. Especially when you just isolate against strong hands here. You will rarely even see worse hands. What do you expect to see here? AJ? Even that ain't that likely. I'd just CB myself and then reevaluate further actions.

Best Regards.