This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH QQ 145 bb

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.87)
      Hero ($28.88)
      UTG ($38.43)
      UTG+1 ($21.51)
      CO ($5.29)
      BTN ($51.09)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, BTN raises to $6.70, Hero raises to $15.70, BTN raises to $51.09 (AI), Hero calls $13.18 (AI)

FLOP ($57.86) 9:diamond: 3:diamond: 5:diamond:

TURN ($57.86) 9:diamond: 3:diamond: 5:diamond: 8:spade:

RIVER ($57.86) 9:diamond: 3:diamond: 5:diamond: 8:spade: 3:heart:

As we can see he 4bets a lot, but that does not mean I had to stack off that deep :( At first I was thinking - I will 5bet and win preflop. After I 5bet he pushes and I think I have not much left. But I could still find a fold - how stupid he could be to stack off with AK or JJ. So only hands left KK+.

Or I could 3bet/fold, it would be safer. I should still get calls from worse hands, he is IP.

Flat calling preflop is too weak I guess.
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

never 4-bet more than half your stack to then fold to shove. His range is definitely AK, since he would not 4-bet/fold that hand and sometimes also JJ if he doesn´t feel like playing ip and would prefer just to go with that hand

Perfectly fine play against his 4-bet. I´d only raise smaller to 12$ to give him better odds and that he would call smt like AJ, JJ, TT, KQ if he decides to 4-bet these hands and would fold to big 5-bet.

If you think he would fold all the worst hands postflop then call QQ his 4-bet and c/r flop if you hit your overpair.

Best regards,
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Perfectly fine play against his 4-bet. I´d only raise smaller to 12$ to give him better odds and that he would call smt like AJ, JJ, TT, KQ if he decides to 4-bet these hands and would fold to big 5-bet.

But if I 5bet even to 12$, he should fold those weak bluff hands preflop. This player does not look like that loose.

Probably its then better to call a 4bet and c/r with overpair. Against KK+ I will stakck off anyway, but I can save money on K and A boards, and get money on Q, J or other boards. But also then if he 4bets with PPs, I will sometimes be against sets.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Agree, he would likely fold his air, but if he is 4-betting with AK I doubt he would fold that hand and most likely should shove.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      but if he is 4-betting with AK I doubt he would fold that hand and most likely should shove.

yeah, but the question is if he is turning his AK into a bluff when being deep. He could easily call IP.