NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.87)
      Hero ($28.88)
      UTG ($38.43)
      UTG+1 ($21.51)
      CO ($5.29)
      BTN ($51.09)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, BTN raises to $6.70, Hero raises to $15.70, BTN raises to $51.09 (AI), Hero calls $13.18 (AI)

FLOP ($57.86) 9:diamond: 3:diamond: 5:diamond:

TURN ($57.86) 9:diamond: 3:diamond: 5:diamond: 8:spade:

RIVER ($57.86) 9:diamond: 3:diamond: 5:diamond: 8:spade: 3:heart:

As we can see he 4bets a lot, but that does not mean I had to stack off that deep :( At first I was thinking - I will 5bet and win preflop. After I 5bet he pushes and I think I have not much left. But I could still find a fold - how stupid he could be to stack off with AK or JJ. So only hands left KK+.

Or I could 3bet/fold, it would be safer. I should still get calls from worse hands, he is IP.

Flat calling preflop is too weak I guess.
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

never 4-bet more than half your stack to then fold to shove. His range is definitely AK, since he would not 4-bet/fold that hand and sometimes also JJ if he doesn´t feel like playing ip and would prefer just to go with that hand

Perfectly fine play against his 4-bet. I´d only raise smaller to 12$ to give him better odds and that he would call smt like AJ, JJ, TT, KQ if he decides to 4-bet these hands and would fold to big 5-bet.

If you think he would fold all the worst hands postflop then call QQ his 4-bet and c/r flop if you hit your overpair.

Best regards,
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      Perfectly fine play against his 4-bet. I´d only raise smaller to 12$ to give him better odds and that he would call smt like AJ, JJ, TT, KQ if he decides to 4-bet these hands and would fold to big 5-bet.

But if I 5bet even to 12$, he should fold those weak bluff hands preflop. This player does not look like that loose.

Probably its then better to call a 4bet and c/r with overpair. Against KK+ I will stakck off anyway, but I can save money on K and A boards, and get money on Q, J or other boards. But also then if he 4bets with PPs, I will sometimes be against sets.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Agree, he would likely fold his air, but if he is 4-betting with AK I doubt he would fold that hand and most likely should shove.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      but if he is 4-betting with AK I doubt he would fold that hand and most likely should shove.

yeah, but the question is if he is turning his AK into a bluff when being deep. He could easily call IP.