What happened to Pokerstars?

• Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      I was in the middle of a 20 tabling session when all of a suddent i noticed i wasnt in more than 12-13 tables at a time... confused, i checked pokerstars lobby and instead of the regular 200k players at this time there was only 95k...

Where did they all go?
  • 6 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Maybe something to do with it being new years eve?
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      In canada for example its still early.. I thought parties and celebrating was for the evening.

I believe the day started off with tons of people as usual and then within an hour it was like a ghost town lol.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Number of players is low definitely because of new years eve imo.

And the trouble with not being at a bunch of tabs happened to me few times. Where i had 5-6 tabs open while i was actually registered in 30 tourneys(which were running, so i was just sitting out in the rest of them). With each tourney starting the message would appear saying something about memory being too low and because of that it wouldn't load the table.(Didn't notice it because TableNinja was automatically clicking OK button). I have no idea why it happens(luckily it's really rare), but simply restarting PokerStars client fixes the problem :)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Akcus
      In canada for example its still early.. I thought parties and celebrating was for the evening.

I believe the day started off with tons of people as usual and then within an hour it was like a ghost town lol.
      A lot of traffic comes from Europe and it's lower only by half. I guess it went down as the evening came to Europe :)
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      Yeah i've noticed that problem for others today, one reg in particular playing 20+ and sitting out on a few.

Its only ever happened to me when i first start joining tables, and therefore i notice right away. I keep table ninja tab open and would be aware of any discrepancies, i think.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Might be something on Stars end too, i'm not sure :)

If you lost some tournaments because you sat them out, it's worth emailing PokerStars Support about it, sometimes they give refunds and they also might help you solve the problem so it doesn't repeat in the future :)