This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Is deezer a donk?

• deezer79
      deezer79
      Bronze
      Thought of a cool idea for a thread and I think it would help me quite a bit. The nature of it is fairly selfish but I hope others with get enjoyment or perhaps learn something from ongoing discussion.

Come test me! I will do my best to answer questions from anyone kind enough to spend their time coming up with them. Ideally I would like you to give me certain scenarios (poker related please), I will respond with how I would react at the table in those situations. Could be to do with hand ranges, how I would act in certain table positions with specific hands, how I would bet on board textures etc etc.

Please give me as complete a picture of these situations as you can (my stack, their stack, how many in the hand, position, community cards (if post flop play relevant), is this cg or sng - my answer will be surely judged by these things. The question may need to continue, for example I told someone that facing a pre-flop min raise and call that I would 3-bet from the small blind with AQ - the questioner may want to know what I'd do facing a 4-bet (to discover my donkism). Clearly the thread could get messy. Or no one might want to get involved :) .

I need to find the flaws in my play and this seems like a good way to do it. Obviously I'm asking even more of you by giving opinions on how I respond to your imaginary scenarios and most importantly, calling me a donk if deserved. Hopefully this will open debate on how a player should act in a certain situation so we all can benefit. It's selfish to have you guys quiz just me but the debate on my donk/competent answers may help many.

Keep in mind that I've done all the basic strategy quizes PS.com has to offer but those kind of questions are what I have in mind, just at a more advanced level. Thanks to all those who want to help me analyze my game.
  • 51 replies