NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      BB ($11.72)
      UTG ($6.72)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      Hero ($10.80)
      BTN ($10.78)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 raises to $3.20, fold

UTG+1 wins $2.55

Villain's stats: VPIP:10 PFR:9 Agg freq:30% H:157

Well, he is a nitty player, so what is the good play against him at preflop? He 4-betted me, and i didn't want to go broke here, because it will be a coinflip situation. The fold is too weak here? Or if i dont want to go all-in against him preflop, then the call is better?
  • 2 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      It is ok to just call pre ...

We have position, we dominate his Ax very often (he doesn't expect us to just call AK) ..

I know we don't want to go into multiway pot with hands like AK but I don't see much value in 3betting this guy if we don't go broke :)

So just call pre and get tons of value from AJ,AQ hands :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Nocco88,

Well, the problem with AKo is that you gonna play it very often multiway if you have so many opponents behind you. To avoid that I'd also rather 3bet it and avoid people joining into the pot. We don't want to overplay any of our TP type of hands in multiway pots. And as we continue there is not much to do than fold the hand. Usually with such hands vs nitty opponents we play 3bet/Fold.

Best Regards.