This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5: AQo

• anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position
      BU
      MP3

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , A:club:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, BU calls $0.20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.50) Q:spade: , 4:spade: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BU calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.30) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BU raises to $1.80, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.00

Am I too nitty?
  • 4 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I'd fold too, NH IMO.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I really didn't know how to play there. My problem is, that he also could float here, but his stats are pretty tight with a low aggression factor although I just got about 150 hands of this player. He could have also had a flush- and/or straightdraw and bluffed me on the turn, but I was pretty unsure. Empirically I would say that they only minraise the turn on the low limits if they got made hands. So please tell me how you would've played it.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I would've played exactly like you did. A player that has an AF this low will hardly ever bluff, and you showed strength through the hand, I believe you're way ahead in situations like this one.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since his wtsd is 33 and af 0,4 I would played it the same way-bet, bet, bet.
      If player would be aggressive or/and his wtsd is low, then you can sometimes try c/c turn, check/re-evaluate on the river.
      It is good for pot control and if you´re afraid then you might get bluffed out on the pot then give the villain chance to bluff.
      Against maniacs you could also sometimes try c/rai on the turn. Then you don´t have to worry about calling both turn and river bets, when the board gets ugly and you´re ahead most of their range+ they don´t try to make bluffs so often any more.
      Nh.