[NL2-NL10] NL5: AQo

• anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position
      BU
      MP3

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , A:club:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, BU calls $0.20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.50) Q:spade: , 4:spade: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BU calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.30) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BU raises to $1.80, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.00

Am I too nitty?
  • 4 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I'd fold too, NH IMO.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I really didn't know how to play there. My problem is, that he also could float here, but his stats are pretty tight with a low aggression factor although I just got about 150 hands of this player. He could have also had a flush- and/or straightdraw and bluffed me on the turn, but I was pretty unsure. Empirically I would say that they only minraise the turn on the low limits if they got made hands. So please tell me how you would've played it.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I would've played exactly like you did. A player that has an AF this low will hardly ever bluff, and you showed strength through the hand, I believe you're way ahead in situations like this one.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Since his wtsd is 33 and af 0,4 I would played it the same way-bet, bet, bet.
      If player would be aggressive or/and his wtsd is low, then you can sometimes try c/c turn, check/re-evaluate on the river.
      It is good for pot control and if you´re afraid then you might get bluffed out on the pot then give the villain chance to bluff.
      Against maniacs you could also sometimes try c/rai on the turn. Then you don´t have to worry about calling both turn and river bets, when the board gets ugly and you´re ahead most of their range+ they don´t try to make bluffs so often any more.
      Nh.