Sound problem?

• pibomarco
      pibomarco
      Bronze
      I am playing 888poker on two computers. On first one i am using windows 7 on the other one win XP.
      The problem is that every time i close poker, and reopen it the sound on the table doesnt work (chips&cards sound) which is very annoying. It works if i reinstall poker.. but when i close it and reopen i,t sound is gone again.. But on XP is working fine.. it does work normal, in rare cases though.. I thought that the problem is windows and that i have to format it.. Until my friend said that has same problem and he also uses win 7. Has anyone experienced the same problem?
  • 29 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Never had sound problems myself.

Maybe sounds like a stupid question, but have you checked your settings for sound on 888? Maybe they change?
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hi pibomarco,

Try this:

then:

If the windows default does not work then try this...

Open your Windows Control Panel --> Sound Settings --> Audio Tab

Go back to 888, match them up:

Press SAVE & CLOSE!

If this doesn't work get back to me I have other options for you :)

Hope it helps,

Danny
    • pibomarco
      pibomarco
      Bronze
      tnx danny.. i was trying also with settings, but didnt went so deep as you showed. Will try it, hope it works:)
    • pibomarco
      pibomarco
      Bronze
      do you maybe have a solution for win 7? This is for XP and is tottally different, cant find under control panel>sound>.... :/
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I will check windows 7 when I relog next (I have 3 Operating systems :) )
    • aruxandra
      aruxandra
      Bronze
      Same problem here. I don't know how to fix it, but for me it works to close the 888 software and reopen it.
      Same operating system Windows 7
    • Jamesharrison
      Jamesharrison
      Basic
      download the latest versions of Java and Flash, this seems to be a common problem. It turns out i was missing Java.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      very common bug, I use win 7 and the solution for me is to close client and run it again as administrator, it solves the problem.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      you can automatically set it up to run as administrator by

right click on the shortcut => properties (and somewhere under there, not on windows atm) and select run as administrator
    • johnvich
      johnvich
      Basic
      Many a time, useless files, spyware and junk files find their way into your system even without you being aware of it. Salution is that you need to use Krojam Cleaner for Speed up your pc.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by johnvich
      Many a time, useless files, spyware and junk files find their way into your system even without you being aware of it. Salution is that you need to use Krojam Cleaner for Speed up your pc.
      Hi johnvich,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

There are quite a few such tools available, some of which can cause more problems than they cure. I've never used Krojam so I'm not saying it is like that.

In any case, before you let one of these things loose on a computer, be sure to have a full backup!

Peace,
      --VS
    • zunzazun
      zunzazun
      Basic
      cheers booomm had same problem on windows 8.1 and jus had 2 run as admin. nice1 bro, can hear the $$$ roll in now :f_thumbsup:
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zunzazun
      cheers booomm had same problem on windows 8.1 and jus had 2 run as admin. nice1 bro, can hear the $$$ roll in now :f_thumbsup:
      good to "hear" haha :D cheers mate
    • strosdegoz
      strosdegoz
      Bronze
      Java update worked for me
    • zyvy
      zyvy
      Bronze
      I got a problem with sound, when I go to windows sound mixer and lower the sound for 888 table to 5% so it wont be so loud its not stay this way, every time some action is on the table that make a sound , reset the mixer setting to max for 888 table, I'm on windows 7, already tried run as admin, updated flash and java, in 888 settings - video/audio already tried speaker windows default device and other from my list. I can make it mute and its stay muted, but the slider goes to max. I want some sound notification but not max volume that is to loud (annoying)
    • 888Rep
      888Rep
      Gold
      Originally posted by zyvy
      I got a problem with sound, when I go to windows sound mixer and lower the sound for 888 table to 5% so it wont be so loud its not stay this way, every time some action is on the table that make a sound , reset the mixer setting to max for 888 table, I'm on windows 7, already tried run as admin, updated flash and java, in 888 settings - video/audio already tried speaker windows default device and other from my list. I can make it mute and its stay muted, but the slider goes to max. I want some sound notification but not max volume that is to loud (annoying)
      Can you give me your poker user name so I can ask support to contact you regarding this issue?
    • zyvy
      zyvy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 888Rep
      Can you give me your poker user name so I can ask support to contact you regarding this issue?
      zyvy1
    • andiofwbafc
      andiofwbafc
      Bronze
      I'm getting exactly the same problem.

Username = andiofwbafc

Can you please get them to help me out also @888rep
    • 888Rep
      888Rep
      Gold
      Originally posted by andiofwbafc
      I'm getting exactly the same problem.

Username = andiofwbafc

Can you please get them to help me out also @888rep
      I have asked support to contact you also.