Stacks:
      UTG ($56.60)
      Hero ($75.95)
      BTN ($40.20)
      SB ($43.00)
      BB ($54.60)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is CO 5:heart: 5:spade:
      UTG bets $2, Hero calls $2, 3 folds

Flop: 7:heart: J:club: 5:diamond: ($4.75, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.50, UTG calls $2.50.

Turn: 6:heart: ($9.75, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $6, UTG bets $18, Hero goes all-in $65.45, UTG folds

Final Pot: $99.20
      Hero shows: 5:heart: 5:spade:

Hero wins $97.7 ( won +$21.75 )
      UTG lost -$22.50

the board got drawy, so I decided to push. should i slowplay it?
  • 5 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      not that drawy against villain's flop range.

i call the c/r and re-raise all-in vs his (almost certain) riverbet.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would probably bet out a little more on the flop (3.5$), so I could make bigger turn and river bets.
      Don´t think you should slowplay on the turn.
      UTG representing here set or aces. Since I won´t fold set here, so I´m just hoping for the best and would push. There are some ugly cards that could come (4 or 8 for example or maybe heart and I really hate then calling his push)
      Even if he has aces there, he would fold to your bet/push on scary river card.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      he check/raises so he maintains the initiative. then if he checks on the river he'll know that you could easily be bluffbetting, as it looks very weak.

otherwise if he bets, and you raise, he's most likely committed. because a draw is so far out of his range here, i'm happy to slowplay this...

ofc, you do lose value if a 3rd heart falls, but even then, villain is hard pressed to put you on a flush, or thereabouts.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      he check/raises so he maintains the initiative. then if he checks on the river he'll know that you could easily be bluffbetting, as it looks very weak.

otherwise if he bets, and you raise, he's most likely committed. because a draw is so far out of his range here, i'm happy to slowplay this...

ofc, you do lose value if a 3rd heart falls, but even then, villain is hard pressed to put you on a flush, or thereabouts.
      bluffbetting, really)? after beting flop and bet/calling turn?)

44-88-99 are the example of hands that got additional draw outs.

I think I am still for betting more on flop and turn, but not calling.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      betting flop is a given. preflop aggressor checks to us, which is almost always a sign of severe weakness.

turn we could've easily semibluffed as the card hits our preflop flatcall range quite hard. so i actually think if the river comes a card that completes draws, we maybe lose some value. but i don't think a 4 or an 8 completes any draws for the villain. but we get more value against top pair/overpair type hands because they can read our bet behind on the river as a missed draw.

(sorry if all that doesn't make much sense)