Fuck Trying.

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      I'm done thinking I can become a winning player. I go on tilt and once I do I cant stop losing. The worst is even when you have the best hand when on tilt you still lose......it makes it insannnnely impossible to play.

so ive come to the conclusion of this. I am done with poker. It has given me nothing but headaches and regret. It has caused my family life too much stress to begin with. I spend 8 hrs on the computer a day, and I always end up just sitting here and wasting my time. I need to find a hobby thats less competitive and less emotional. Any SERIOUS ideas? If you post something stupid its not helpful at all to me, thanks.

Im just a former poker player at this point asking the community honestly to give me some ideas of things I could do to have fun without playing poker. Please dont let me down and reply with something like, "fish" or "shove ur hand up ur ass and then sniff"....

there is just no forgiveness in this game, you cant control what happens beyond the actions of check bet or raise, and everything else is predetermined by the random shuffle. i cant handle this anymore.

i understand why some people can do this game, but they are the ones who can handle a tilt without going broke....i cant..TTYL... I lose.
  • 60 replies
    • XandreW36
      XandreW36
      Platinum
      Try to change the game you're playing. Something wth lower variance like fixed games, FL Hold'em or 5 card draw. And meanwhile work on your mental game (I can recommend you buying 'The mental game of poker' by Jared Tendler...

Yeah, give it a shot once more ;) , and then if you really want to quit, try chess...
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Like I asked nicely in the first post,

IM DONE WITH POKER...DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS BESIDES POKER THAT I COULD DO FOR FUN???????????????????????

please do not suggest games like poker when i ask for fucking shit besides poker.....

THANKS.

if you wonder why i cant think for myself,, its becaause i can..but am wondering what other people do for fun thats not competitive and not stressful AND NOT BOOOOORING.
    • GuliverF
      GuliverF
      Bronze
      well my friend it says it all in your sig.
      and your nick here tells me that you still can do it as i will and many others.
      all you have to do is try harder and stop when you are not into it.
      so take some time (a week or more) dont even think about poker
      and then have another go.
      i tried a couple of times myself, didnt make it, but still going to try cause i love the nature of the game.
      poker is a game of control and that control is in your hands and head.
      so GL in your life and we will make it someday.
      THINK POSITIVE WHATEVER YOU DO!

cya wherever that may be
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      fuck trying.

trying is for people who are broke.

if you want to be successful as much as you want to breathe, you WILL be successful.

You probably haven't put as much effort in as you think you have.

maybe you have, but did you structure it? did you make sure it was working? apparantly not. Putting the most effort in the world into something that doesn't work for you is a waste of time.

aka, if its not working, do something about it.

This is classified as a type of laziness imo.

thxbai
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I'm sorry but your problem is your reaction to the game not the game itself. What makes you think you will react differently to a different game?

Idk, try yahoo! games or king.com
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      i dont really care how i studied the game or how many hours i put into working on my game. THE GAME ISNT FUN FOR ME ANYMORE. I'm not quitting my life, just finding something new to do,,
    • ItsTeddyKGB
      ItsTeddyKGB
      Bronze
      How about we play a game called "Let's-jump-off-the-highest-building-in-the-area". You go first.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Try fucking imo.
    • chilliyen
      chilliyen
      Gold
      Try counting cards, shuffle tracking, ace sequencing, hole carding etc..

Blackjack is the game 4 u, just don't play online.

Play in Vegas. Get comped RFB and have fun!
    • conquistadorrr
      conquistadorrr
      Bronze
      You could try an actual sport... something like tennis? It's healthy and fun. :) Works for me!
    • BoyRobot777
      BoyRobot777
      Bronze
      try forex. I've come across it not so long ago, and i'm moving away from poker to it. Been studing for few months now. Its hard, but its possible. Way more logic than poker. No donks or lucktards, only you and the market (best opponent there is). If you get reads on it, you will win a lot.

edit: and it seems people are super trolish these days. No logical answers anymore.
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      Reading and Sport :)
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ItsTeddyKGB
      How about we play a game called "Let's-jump-off-the-highest-building-in-the-area". You go first.

how about you play a little game called HAHAHA I'M a FUCKING RETARD. I'll be the one spoon feeding you in a nursing home one day.

prick.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chilliyen
      Try counting cards, shuffle tracking, ace sequencing, hole carding etc..

Blackjack is the game 4 u, just don't play online.

Play in Vegas. Get comped RFB and have fun!
      how about you go take a loan out from the mob, not pay it back and get killed in a back alley. come tell me how that works out for you dumbass.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      sport is too competitve and reading is too boring. :) thanks tho
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      to all the idiots who are making useless comments in my thread you can all take molitov cocktails, shove them up an elephants ass and put your face right up close to it when they explode. video tape it and post it on the forum so we can all have a good laugh
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      they would quickly run out of oxygen and the fire would turn out and it would not explode,
      btw the elephant would have a panic attack and it would be impossible for a human to put a head in it...
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I would suggest some sort of martial art like Tai Chi or Aikido, something a little 'smoother' than say Karate or Boxing ( no offence guys :) ). It's very good for physical as well as mental wellbeing and is relaxing as well as keeping you fit. Competition is only there if you want it to be.

Just an idea.

Best regards with whatever you do,

Mal.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SRBSavic1
      they would quickly run out of oxygen and the fire would turn out and it would not explode,
      btw the elephant would have a panic attack and it would be impossible for a human to put a head in it...

why dont you prove that by trying it yourself you over-logical douchebag who doesnt understand when people are making ignorant sarcastic comments and im just writing them back with the same senseless bullshit.