Stack
      SB:
      $0.51
      CO:
      $2.43
      Hero:
      $3.29

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 8:diamond:
      6 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 9:club: , 8:spade: , 4:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.02, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.14) 8:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, CO bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, SB folds, CO calls $0.10.

River: ($0.38) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, [COLOR=red], Hero???

Hi guys.

So I called my Ad8d purely because I have position. The min raise post-flop indicated to me that either he had nothing or he had made a pair or going for a flush. His stats indicate that he plays a pretty wide range of hands so I put villain on T\9+. I was not really concerned about the small blind as he was just a calling station.
      The turn comes in my favour and I hit a set so I put in a raise to protect my hand and villain checks my raise.

Now I am thinking if he did hit a set on the flop he would off protected it from the possible flush-draw right?

The river did not help him of that I am sure as i am way ahead now even if he had top pair TT+ or 2 pair? If I should bet on the river how much? all-in for max profit? or pot size not to scare him off?

Also should i have bet more on the turn to protect my set from a flush?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Droewors,

Most likely I'd raise it bigger on the turn ~$0,20 even and as played of course it's a standard Bet for value on the river since he may easily have a lot worse holdings as pairs.

It's not a set by the way, it's trips. Set = if you hit with PP a 3rd same-like card. 88 hit 8.

Best Regards.