This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 A\8s

• Pampoen
      Pampoen
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $0.51
      CO:
      $2.43
      Hero:
      $3.29

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 8:diamond:
      6 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 9:club: , 8:spade: , 4:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, SB calls $0.02, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.14) 8:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, CO bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, SB folds, CO calls $0.10.

River: ($0.38) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, [COLOR=red], Hero???

Hi guys.

So I called my Ad8d purely because I have position. The min raise post-flop indicated to me that either he had nothing or he had made a pair or going for a flush. His stats indicate that he plays a pretty wide range of hands so I put villain on T\9+. I was not really concerned about the small blind as he was just a calling station.
      The turn comes in my favour and I hit a set so I put in a raise to protect my hand and villain checks my raise.

Now I am thinking if he did hit a set on the flop he would off protected it from the possible flush-draw right?

The river did not help him of that I am sure as i am way ahead now even if he had top pair TT+ or 2 pair? If I should bet on the river how much? all-in for max profit? or pot size not to scare him off?

Also should i have bet more on the turn to protect my set from a flush?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Droewors,

Most likely I'd raise it bigger on the turn ~$0,20 even and as played of course it's a standard Bet for value on the river since he may easily have a lot worse holdings as pairs.

It's not a set by the way, it's trips. Set = if you hit with PP a 3rd same-like card. 88 hit 8.

Best Regards.