I fall back... again

• jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      I start boring with this pattern:
      I start with 25$. I learned the basics and I get to 39$ but it was not to fast.
      Then I continued my play and fall more fast under 30$ than I can image.
      I was angry and sad very. Then a hard one month after then I learn to accept this. I learned more from the bronze articles and I practice my post-flop game.
      It was again very hard to get up but with a few weak I can manage to reach 40$. After that all hells break.
      - AJo crack AA with a flush.
      - KK go against AA.
      - When I get a premium hand mostly nobody play against because I can find't cards to play, so they don't call my raises. (after my last 200 hand VP: 9. PR: 6 I barely find playable hand)
      - Only the short stacks pay me off.
      - My straight broke againt a gutshot drawer who get a bigger straight on the river. Also he play with every third hand and he make 8$ since I sit on the tabble.
      - etc.

And don't mistake, I'm not on tilt. I still know how should I play. I know what should I do with big pocket pairs, I know what should calculate know when I have strong draw and my opponent bet etc.
      I just can't belive so much sh** can happen. Also I can't understand when I reach the 40$ why I always fall back. And why who don't play properly they win the big money.
  • 6 replies
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      If you are playing NL2 to nl5 its nothing new
      Just gotta hold your head and play good poker in the long run you should be a winning player
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      See this is the problem, at short run I win. At long run I lose. And I don't change my game.
      It's almost like when I win and reach a limit somebody sayi "oh, you win?" and pull out the plugin "well, not anymore."
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi jeszkar, I hear what you are saying.

I play nl4 6 max and have lost the last 35 sessions out of 42 and I own this level! So, we son't tilt about it we carry on studying and improving our game and try again. WE know that we should do this, why? Because we also know that short term the villains can get lucky, very lucky; but long term we will win because we make less mistakes than the villain.

I try to look at sessions a steps, a session is just one step in a long walk.
      It keeps me sane! :D

Keep your attitude going and try to have fun,

Mal.
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi jeszkar, I hear what you are saying.

I play nl4 6 max and have lost the last 35 sessions out of 42 and I own this level! So, we son't tilt about it we carry on studying and improving our game and try again. WE know that we should do this, why? Because we also know that short term the villains can get lucky, very lucky; but long term we will win because we make less mistakes than the villain.

I try to look at sessions a steps, a session is just one step in a long walk.
      It keeps me sane! :D

Keep your attitude going and try to have fun,

Mal.
      But I'm not have problem with the short term, I have problem with the long term.

I do a little math, why I can't win at long term. Here is the asnwer:

There are 1326 starting hand in Hold'em. But the term of TAG I only allowed to play 12 hands in all situation (AA, KK). This is less than 1% percent of the hands. But I can play 208 hand altogether. This is 15-16% of hand which sounds OK but only in very special case I allow to play hands like these (like un-raised pot, un-called pot, be in EP etc.)

So this is how come the very low VP, PR (since another 100 hands -> VP:8 Pr:2). In short term it can be profitable, but only if I get good hands at the begining of the session. No one will call my raise when I get a good hand at the 100th hand because I didn't raise at the last 99 hands. And even if somebody call it, it doesn't mean I will win that hand (see above).

When I see a couching I see they play the same game (expect maybe I find them too aggresive, like I never say all-in only with a top pair), but actually they get playable hands. And their AA's and KK's will be call because they raise more often. Of course bad beat happen in their sessions also, but they get good hands later too, and can get they money back.
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jeszkar

- My straight broke againt a gutshot drawer who get a bigger straight on the river. Also he play with every third hand and he make 8$ since I sit on the tabble.
      - etc.
      this made my day
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by furculision
      Originally posted by jeszkar

- etc.
      this made my day
      Good for you. But I don't laught when somebody had bad luck.