[NL20-NL50] [nl50 SH] JTs

• RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      CO is a 53/16 fish, not very aggressive.
      Can I play turn differently?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $19.25 (38.5 bb)
      MP: $19.25 (38.5 bb)
      CO: $80.85 (161.7 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $59.75 (119.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J T
      MP raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($6.25) 2 T 9 (4 players)
      BB checks, MP checks, CO bets $4, Hero calls $4, BB calls $4, MP folds

Turn: ($18.25) 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $15, BB folds, CO raises to $30.50, Hero raises to $44.50 and is all-in, CO calls $14

River: ($107.25) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $107.25 pot ($2 rake)
      Final Board: 2 T 9 4 6
      BB mucked and lost (-$5.50 net)
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Betting turn 15$ and committing yourself isn´t likely the best play.
      I´d prefer b/f there 11$ although check may also be very good option, since BB might easily have there better Tx hand.

best regards,
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      Kaitz20, don't you think that bb would bet/raise a better ten himself on such a drawy board?

and can you please explain which approx. range would tou assign to CO after this turn minraise?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      HI, I don´t think that most players would c/r for value AT that board being oop, o then they would also not c/r that spot also with KT and QT hands (unless they have also flushdraw with their tp hand)

and can you please explain which approx. range would tou assign to CO after this turn minraise?
      - problem is that his range is so wide pf, that he can easily have there any sort of draw, but also 22,44,T9 and sometimes better Tx hands.
    • RandomGenerator
      RandomGenerator
      Bronze
      HI, I don´t think that most players would c/r for value AT that board being oop, o then they would also not c/r that spot also with KT and QT hands (unless they have also flushdraw with their tp hand)

then I just don't understand why would he get in this pot if after hitting top pair with good kicker on a drawy board he just check/calls two streets. I really do not see any sense in that.

maybe if he had full stack then it's ok, but being so short it's a strange line to me.

and can you please explain which approx. range would tou assign to CO after this turn minraise? - problem is that his range is so wide pf, that he can easily have there any sort of draw, but also 22,44,T9 and sometimes better Tx hands.

don't you think it is a bit awkward to bet 22,44,T9, Tx on flop and check/minraise the turn having more then one opponent? I mean, I can easily check behind the turn, right?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      BB would very likely c/rai turn, but I think shortstacks would not play that aggressively just tp hands on the flop (maybe just AT)

Yeah you can check behind turn, but very likely you bet with your draws on Tx hands (as you did). But I have no idea what fish is thinking on that spot, his turn checking range can be quite wide, but I would likely not really b/c that spot against him, since I think my hand isn´t strong enough

Best regards,