MP1 Player4 ($5.31)
      MP2 Player5 ($2)
      MP3 Player6 ($4.61)
      CO Player7 ($3.19)
      BTN Player8 ($1.25)
      SB Player9 ($2)
      BB zzzxxxyyy ($4.50)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 10 players) zzzxxxyyy is BB K:spade: Q:spade:
      1 fold, Player2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Player5 raises to $0.08, 4 folds, zzzxxxyyy calls $0.06, Player2 calls $0.06

Flop: 2:spade: 10:club: 6:heart: ($0.25, 3 players)
      zzzxxxyyy checks, Player2 checks, Player5 checks

Turn: 6:club: ($0.25, 3 players)
      zzzxxxyyy checks, Player2 checks, Player5 bets $0.08, zzzxxxyyy calls $0.08, Player2 calls $0.08

River: 3:club: ($0.49, 3 players)
      zzzxxxyyy checks, Player2 checks, Player5 checks

I feel I played this badly, HEM shows I am losing 38BB/100 from BB, and I feel hands like this are why. What would be the best line with this hand? My play from BB is my biggest weakness now, and I am showing profit from every other position at the table

PLayer 2 stats 54/0/0.2/0 25 hands
      Player 5 stats 10/10/26/3.2 78 hands

thanks
  • 6 replies
    • Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Bronze
      I don't think it is that big a problem 38bb/100. It's certainly not optimal, but it's hardly such a huge leak.
      I understand why you called on the turn, it was such a small amount plus the other player could call aswell, but you're really looking to hit a 6 outter, maybe 4 outter (they might have fd), maybe less as you might be dominated; also, your K high doesn't seem good against 2 opponents. To put it simple, if you have indeed 6 outs, you can call as long as you extract .15$ more on the river, which I guess you can; if you have a 4 outter then you need to extract .45$ more, which you won't since they will either fold or have you beat.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nonamesleft,

Well, it may be cause you are trying to play too many hands, especially being OOP. :) 38bb/100 is a bit bigger side, it should be near 30 or something similar and even that one I would say it's high.

What I would do on the turn is that I would just fold the hand, you don't even beat there Ace high and just putting yourself into difficult situation when you do hit and might still pay big time.

Best Regards.
    • nonamesleft
      nonamesleft
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz, is there an argument for squeezing here? When I checked this hand I couldn't work out if it would be a mistake given the limited stats we have.

If we did squeeze would it be a mistake to c-bet on this flop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nonamesleft
      Thanks Veriz, is there an argument for squeezing here? When I checked this hand I couldn't work out if it would be a mistake given the limited stats we have.

If we did squeeze would it be a mistake to c-bet on this flop?
      You can't squeeze since nobody called after the opponents raise. Of course it's possible to play the hand either with Call or 3bet but it's towards usually more advanced play and being OOP you will rarely play the hand very profitable since your hand can still be dominated.

Vs multiway pot I don't really see why we should CB.
    • Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Bronze
      How many bb/100 do you think is optimal and what do you think is normal veriz? I've been loosing ~33bb/100 and even though I can blame it on a (deserved) downswing I had recently, I wasn't aware it was such a big leak...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Paaaaaaaaaulo
      How many bb/100 do you think is optimal and what do you think is normal veriz? I've been loosing ~33bb/100 and even though I can blame it on a (deserved) downswing I had recently, I wasn't aware it was such a big leak...
      Nah, it's fine to have 33 on those limits since you most likely gonna fold even more there. But when it goes to high it may turn to a leak because you may fold too much or even overplay some hands being OOP.