This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ vs 4bet

• Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($5.36)
      BB ($1.74)
      UTG ($8.97)
      UTG+1 ($1)
      UTG+2 ($8.66)
      MP1 ($4)
      MP2 ($7.34)
      MP3 ($4.20)
      CO ($1.58)
      BTN ($6.05)

CO posts (SB) $0.02

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.16, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.64, fold, MP2 raises to $1.98, Hero fold

Villain is 12/8/3.2 3bet over 109 hands.
      I would need 44% eq to shove it profitably, which I have against JJ+,AK but I wouldn't expect him to do it with JJ and I feel he would either call or shove AK directly since its tricky to play it post flop... Good fold?
  • 6 replies
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hi!

Good fold, but as a matter fo fact i wouldve have called pre.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Paaaaaaaaaulo,

Why do you 3bet in first place? Usually when I plan to go for a 3bet then it means also that I plan to play for the stacks. Rather just Call and play postflop while getting the opportunity.

Best Regards.
    • Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Bronze
      Isn't calling to weak? He his a tight player, but he is raising a lot of AT-AQ and worse pp from mp2... also, I'm oop, if a K or an A comes it might be hard to play it post flop...
      Thanks Echoes88 and veriz :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Isn't calling to weak? He his a tight player, but he is raising a lot of AT-AQ and worse pp from mp2... also, I'm oop, if a K or an A comes it might be hard to play it post flop...
      Thanks Echoes88 and veriz :)
      Why should it be too weak? Do you think it's better to 3bet/Fold and not even take a look at the flop? When he could easily just 4bet against you even with worse. You are also deep so it's a perfect spot to play passively.
    • Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Paaaaaaaaaulo
      Bronze
      Makes sense, thanks veriz. I feel I'm starting to understand which nl2/nl5 standard plays are different on higher limits.
    • harvbucks
      harvbucks
      Bronze
      i like the fold....3 betting is fine in my humble opinion...gives you a better sense of where you at