[NL2-NL10] NL10 3betting from blinds with AQs

• rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hi!

With this hand, do you think I should have cbet on the flop? I thought that there'd probably be alot of kings in his calling range (like: AK, KQ) although then again he'd also likely call with mid/high pairs. Do you think this was a good opportunity for a pure bluff?

Also a general question, with a hand like AQs, how would you normally play it from the blinds. Would you play it passively? Normally in the blinds I 3bet with QQ+, AK and sometimes if we both have large stacks with 98s+ and I'm not sure if I should extend it to AQs. Seems like a strong hand, but then again I guess it's not very playable from OOP, so best to play for small pots by just calling?

Thanks!

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1579254
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $10.86
      BTN: $13.25
      Hero (SB): $10.00
      BB: $8.85
      UTG: $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Q :diamond: A :diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, CO calls $1.10

Flop: ($3.10) 5 :diamond: 7 :heart: K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($3.10) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($3.10) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks
  • 3 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Preflop: Fine if opponent is calling too wide. If not, or if you feel uncomfortable in 3bet pots, calling is always fine.

Flop: Almost always worth a 1/2p bet. They should have enough AQ, 99 type stuff that will fold. The main time you dont want to bet is if they flat QQ+ pre and also call the flop with underpairs. In the case, you dont get enough flop folds and also cant barrel.
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      1d cbet here, with half pot, or 1 bb more
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rudders93,

Guess you can still CB the flop while you can perfectly well represent AK or something similar. While he could be folding any kind of worse PPs and maybe even just overcards.

3betting is totally fine here as well.

Best Regards.