[NL2-NL10] NL2 8/6s

• Pampoen
      Pampoen
      Bronze
      Hi!

I was playing on a really tight table last night so I loosened up and started limping into the pots with a wider range of hands. This was about the 15th hand on the table that I played

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $1.84
      UTG2:
      $2.15
      Hero:
      $3.8

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8:spade: , 6:spade:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.07) Q:diamond: , 6:heart: , 4:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 folds, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.07) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.02, BB calls $0.02.

River: ($0.11) 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB raises $1.8 (All-In), Hero???

So villain did not raise post flop and because he was BB and had free play I could not really put him on any range. No raise post-flop indicated that he did not have a Q or that he was not playing a flush draw. In both situations he would of put in a raise to take the pot since he was against one opponent.

The turn helps me and gives me 3 of kind. I put in a min raise to induce a bluff hoping he maybe has J/K/Ax and the river would improve his hand? Going all-in meant it did. I felt I was still way ahead with my fullhouse and that he had a 4 kicker.

Was the line I took correct at the Turn?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Droewors,

Preflop: Well, that ain't a way how to play such hands. :) Even if you want to play such hands then only way is to isolate. Limping in is just bad and you wont play them profitable.

As played
      Postflop: I'd bet the turn bigger ~$0,06 even and just fold to the river shove. :) What you hoping to see there? A split and that's pretty much it while the opponent could already have you beat with Q6 as well. Not worth risking the money while you have invested only few cents.

Best Regards.