[NL2-NL10] Set 6 Against gutshot/top pair?

• Pampoen
      Pampoen
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $2.05
      Hero:
      $1.57

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6:diamond: , 6:club:
      4 folds, MP2 raises to $0.06, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.06, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.15) J:club: , T:diamond: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.15, MP2 calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.45) A:heart: (2 players)

MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.2, MP2 raises to $1.79, Hero ???

I put villains range on A/J/Q/A/K/A since he was playing according to SHC and did raise pre-flop. Villain had pocket JJ the hand before and raised pre-flop 10BB so a 3BB indicated A/J+ My equity before flop i am slightly ahead against A/J+.53/46 so made the call and would fold if i did not make my set

I hit my set and I am now 88/12 ahead.I put in a pot size raise and as with micro tables villain holding J/A+ range wont fold his hand? I say his holding J/A+ cause the turn is A and he goes all in. If villain had top pair or 2pair I am still ahead, But he could also have a gutshot. Even with the Ace on the turn and saying he has A/K my equity is 90/10 ahead. Was my all-in call -EV in the long run or +EV?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Droewors,

Add to full stack if playing BSS. :)

But as played I'd Bet the turn a bit bigger and then just play for the stacks. He may easily have there even just 2pairs. Doubt that I am able to give up my hand here.

Best Regards.
    • Pampoen
      Pampoen
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz

I did add to BSS, was just waiting for the round to finish.

So next time I will bet more if it gets to the turn. Do you think I should have bet more postflop to protect my hand?

I did not give up my hand as i felt I had him beaten. Here is the result

Turn: ($0.45) A (2 players) (Comment)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.2, MP2 raises to $1.79, Hero calls $1.16 (All-In), MP2 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($3.17) Q (2 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $3.17

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a straight, ace high (Ac Kd)
      Hero shows (6d 6c)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yes, you should Bet it bigger on the turn. Don't be result oriented, in long run you gonna earn profit. :)