This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Set 6 Against gutshot/top pair?

• Pampoen
      Pampoen
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $2.05
      Hero:
      $1.57

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6:diamond: , 6:club:
      4 folds, MP2 raises to $0.06, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.06, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.15) J:club: , T:diamond: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.15, MP2 calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.45) A:heart: (2 players)

MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.2, MP2 raises to $1.79, Hero ???

I put villains range on A/J/Q/A/K/A since he was playing according to SHC and did raise pre-flop. Villain had pocket JJ the hand before and raised pre-flop 10BB so a 3BB indicated A/J+ My equity before flop i am slightly ahead against A/J+.53/46 so made the call and would fold if i did not make my set

I hit my set and I am now 88/12 ahead.I put in a pot size raise and as with micro tables villain holding J/A+ range wont fold his hand? I say his holding J/A+ cause the turn is A and he goes all in. If villain had top pair or 2pair I am still ahead, But he could also have a gutshot. Even with the Ace on the turn and saying he has A/K my equity is 90/10 ahead. Was my all-in call -EV in the long run or +EV?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Droewors,

Add to full stack if playing BSS. :)

But as played I'd Bet the turn a bit bigger and then just play for the stacks. He may easily have there even just 2pairs. Doubt that I am able to give up my hand here.

Best Regards.
    • Pampoen
      Pampoen
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz

I did add to BSS, was just waiting for the round to finish.

So next time I will bet more if it gets to the turn. Do you think I should have bet more postflop to protect my hand?

I did not give up my hand as i felt I had him beaten. Here is the result

Turn: ($0.45) A (2 players) (Comment)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.2, MP2 raises to $1.79, Hero calls $1.16 (All-In), MP2 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($3.17) Q (2 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $3.17

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a straight, ace high (Ac Kd)
      Hero shows (6d 6c)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yes, you should Bet it bigger on the turn. Don't be result oriented, in long run you gonna earn profit. :)