How do SB shoving ranges modify in BVB

• M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      When do you shove any two cards?
      When do you begin to tighten up and shove less (60,50%)?

What are some factors? Like, obviously if there is a very loose fish in the BB we'll shove tighter.

From what I played with in SnGWiz I saw that the ranges begin to narrow down when it's at the bubble, and pretty much ATC anytime else.

What is your experience with this?

Thanks you,
      Daniel
      Edit : Nash seems to be more different than sngwiz suggested shoving ranges
  • 3 replies
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Most important factor is player on BB and effective stack size. Shoving is not only option. E.g. versus tight villain you might go for small raise-fold or limp-stab steal.

Other important thing is situation of sng. How big factor this can be depends heavily on BB villain. In some bubble situations BB might be forced to fold many very strong hands and perhaps only call with e.g. TT+. But it's another question if villain understand this. So don't go shoving always any2 on these spots and then curse when villain call with AT. Call is bad play by villain, but this "correct" shove is also bad play by hero for not adjusting to villains play.

Loose fish is another interesting aspect. Many of these who might be very loose on limp-calling early with wide range might tighten up surprisingly much when they are calling allin even from SB. But there are also ones who will call these lightly so it's valuable to follow what hands they are calling in these spots.

Some other things like your own image, recent history, table dynamic and future situations also play own role. It might be good idea to skip some of profitable shoving spots, because there is likely better situations coming.

Best advice imo is to post hands on hand evaluation area and check hands from others and comment those with your own opinion. That way you will get familiar on different spots and see opinions of other players who might be more experienced.
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      Wow ghaleon, excellent reply.

So I guess I'll be passing up on some spots when I'm not in a very desperate situation ( < 9BB) and no reads on my opponent.

Thanks for the advice, I will keep posting hands and look for spots. I liked the part about adjusting to BB's range, since we can say we shoved correctly but it's only correct if the BB also understands optimum play.

So I guess from this standpoint, decent regulars are easier to exploit. That's why I love having them to my left.

Daniel
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by M1rCea
      From what I played with in SnGWiz I saw that the ranges begin to narrow down when it's at the bubble, and pretty much ATC anytime else.
      This is an artifact of SNG Wizard's misleading default ranges. It is not a good way to play against most opponents. There are many times when it is not the bubble and it is very wrong to push 32o from the small blind for under 10 bb.

SNG Wizard tells you that you have to change the default ranges. SNG Wizard is a program for deciding what to push once you know your opponent's ranges. It is not a program for figuring out your opponent's ranges. If you do not enter proper ranges for your opponents, you will get incorrect advice which will damage your game.

I suggest looking at my video, "The Golden Rule" which is about a guideline for pushing from the small blind.