Something wrong with PT3

• PickoCro
      PickoCro
      Platinum
      So i just wanted to start my session and i open Poker tracker 3 and instead of it opening as usual i get the Configure Postgresql database window, which is strange because i have a database set up so i click on browse databases and a window pops up and says:

Unable to login to database (template1). Reason: Could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

So i go on create database and get unable to create database, same message as above...

After that i do the usual, go to control panel to see if firewall is on (it s off), try reinstaling postgre and pt3, google the problem a bit (went to start, run, enterd services.msc tried to start the postgresql service, got an error that said: Error 1053: The service did not respond to start or control requests in a timely fashion.) and nothing seems to work...

My question is: Is there anyone computer savvy enough to help me fix my problem without me having to go trough hell that is called contacting the tehnical support team?

As always, any type of help is apreciated...
  • 6 replies
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Bronze
      I feel for you, its not fun when PostGres problems happen. Strange that it normally opens and randomly doesn't this time - its tempting to think its something to do with the year changing. Or maybe you got some new software for Christmas which is interfering?

Its worth trying the obvious stuff - make sure you are running PT3 as administrator, also IIRC the database needs to be saved in the programs part of the drive and not in Documents.

Failing that I would try support - I have found them to be pretty good most of the time.
    • PickoCro
      PickoCro
      Platinum
      Checked. Forgot to mention i have made 0 changes on my laptop before and after the incident, and didn t have any problems with the software in the past...

It s really annoying that this happened at this egzact time, cause i had some problems with my hand histories not being saved (i play at party) which took their support team like 2 months to fix... So i finally say to myself starting january the 1st i ll play 2000 hands per day, nl100, at least 20 days a month, review every session, post hands in the forums, go for the gems promotion, end the beginners course which i started like 4 months ago, work on my game, and then today this shit happens, after i haven t played yesterday since there was this party i had to go to (i live a hard life, i konw)...

My laptop is in a pretty poor condition so i have this computer wiz friend who will clean it up so i guess he can fix the pt3 problem, but that won t happen in the next 2 weeks, and i don t know if i could survive whitout playing poker for that long... Fml
    • PickoCro
      PickoCro
      Platinum
      Posted my problem on the PT3 support forum, and gave some aditional information to some guy, so now i m waiting for his response...

Hopefully he can fix it and i can start playing again by the end of the day, i caught some sort of disease so i can t go anywhere and i m pretty bored, just want to lay in my bed all day and play poker on my laptop...
    • PickoCro
      PickoCro
      Platinum
      Problem finally solved... PT3 support turned out to really useful (as apposed to party-poker support) so i can finnaly play again...

Thanks everyone at pokerstrategy for helping (although nobody helped but i m a polite guy and i ll say thanks anyway ;) ).

If anyone has a similar problem to mine let me know and i can tell you what i did to get my program work normally again, maybe it will help you to...
    • 7340adam
      7340adam
      Bronze
      Please help me! I have the exact same problem and ive spent all day trying to fix it! What do I do?
    • PickoCro
      PickoCro
      Platinum
      Download this program here, and hopefully it can fix your problem...

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

I think it only works if you have windows xp but i m not sure... Hope this helps...