FLOP ($3.25) J:diamond: 4:heart: A:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $2

TURN ($7.25) J:diamond: 4:heart: A:spade: 9:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($7.25) J:diamond: 4:heart: A:spade: 9:heart: 5:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

Hi!

Villain 20/17 7% 3bet reg, wtsd 24

Is it a good spot to 3 barrel? Or just 2? I think its ok, because he will fold every Jx (mostly on turn) and random Ax hands on river. I dont think he will have 44, because he is not expecting me to bluff river, I will checkback most the times, so only hands he can call are A9-A5 sometimes AJ.

Ty

Ty
  • 4 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      I would definitely barrel turn as we pick up EQ and I want to get him off Jx hands.

If he likes to float crap like gs and Jx's to the end 3barr is fine but in this particural spot if he calls turn I would ch/b river. In a spot where we don't pick up fd I would also just give up on turn.

Ppl usually tend to call down light bVb and blinds vs late p. OR, as OR range is wide and everyone thinks you are full of it, so experimenting w/o any reads is
      usually costly.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would barrel turn and may oevrbet river, since his range is at best Ax hand, so I think I can make that fold by overbetting river.

Best regards,
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Hey Kaitz!

Do you implement overbet bluff on river a lot? Do you think it is somewhat important line to have on nl50?

In this perticular spot do we overbet AA and AJ also sometimes?

Thanks!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Not that often. If I think that player is mostly calling then I don´t really bluff, although then only move him to fold would be overbet bluff. I think overbetting that spot for value 44 is much better than AA or AJ, since then it is really hard him to have hand that can call you down and most of the times you see him folding.

best regards,