Pacific, $0.03/$0.06 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

UTG: $7.07 (117.8 bb)
      MP: $5.91 (98.5 bb)
      CO: $11.14 (185.7 bb)
      BTN: $5.76 (96 bb)
      Hero (SB): $11.10 (185 bb)
      BB: $3.08 (51.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T 7
      UTG raises to $0.21, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.21, Hero calls $0.18, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.84) 9 K 8 (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.42, BB calls $0.42, UTG calls $0.42, BTN raises to $1.47, Hero raises to $10.89, 3 folds

Results: $4.62 pot ($0.23 rake)
      Final Board: 9 K 8
      UTG mucked and lost (-$0.63 net)
      BTN mucked and lost (-$1.68 net)
      Hero mucked T 7 and won $4.39 ($2.71 net)
      BB mucked and lost (-$0.63 net)

All good here?
  • 5 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Tbh, I dont like donk bet there no sense for me ;) I would expect more value in playing c-r line here and just go broke. You will get much more dead money in the pot and that's what you want .. You want make your opps fold their share equity.

Cya
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      Agree with Fishies ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MrMardyBum,

Preflop: Well, I wouldn't advice in first place to play such hands. :) Especially when you are even OOP. You will rarely hit big time with them and often times your flush wont be strong enough and you still go play for the stacks. Rather just fold such huge gappers while I don't know even against whom we are playing nor I see you do.

As played
      Postflop: Even if you donk then you should definitely donk it bigger ~$0,60 at least would be mine. But more often you can as well consider going for a Check/Raise there to gain even more fold equity which is our hope with our hand.

Best Regards.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello MrMardyBum,

As played
      Postflop: Even if you donk then you should definitely donk it bigger ~$0,60 at least would be mine. But more often you can as well consider going for a Check/Raise there to gain even more fold equity which is our hope with our hand.

Best Regards.
      Hi,

Thought I'd offer quick explanation, the pre-flop was fine as this is a cam table and the best strategy on these is to play the game post-flop because it's like a pub game - Random people just firing 11bb as an open-raise etc. Calling down with GS, Middle Pairs etc.

As for this particular hand T,7s, this is a purpose made adjustment to my range on the cam tables and is only used on those tables. And I am trying it this month to see if I can make a profit from suited 2gappers as currently suited 1gappers are my biggest winner on these tables as the fish are extremely bad and these hands play awesome when the fish actually picks up legitimate hands and just can't let his TPGK go. I am playing fit or fold post-flop and happy that my opponent is unaware of even things as simple as position as a standard opponent at these tables.

The reason I donked for 50% of the pot and if I am right or wrong then please just say:

Both preflop and on the flop these opponents are unlikely to fold and EVERY one of them has 70% VPIP or higher (94% over 67 hands one guy in this hand) so I decide instead of scaring the fish away with their trash hands I thought I would gain more profit from making a small bet on the flop (only due to amount of outs I had I don't expect to see many turns that scare me much), and keeping all players in the hand until the turn where the pot is now looking tempting enough for them to call a 75% pot on the turn and I will make this bet regardless of the Turn card providing (as per this example) no-one raises me, and my plan for facing a raise was always to ship it in.

Having said that though, I do think that this type of player if they are calling 50% pot they will probably call 75% or bluff at it. So I could of made my raise bigger.

I also always donk here on these tables if I have any type of hand or draw because on the flop I am always playing fit or fold and because I am playing many overcards this way too I expect my opponents to be recreational enough not to pick on any lines I am taking at ALL. There are obviously a few other people who also frequent these tables but the reg level here is just as bad as the fish on stars micros imo.

I have not tightened my range for this simple fact:

I already tried that approach and if you do not play a lot of pots with these people, they just fold. These players are all about getting one over on each other and some of the arguments are more funny than the retarded lines they take with hands like like J,6os just to "Stop him from bluffing" Honestly I just get mixed up with them playing 50% (ish) PFR > VPIP ratio and this is working very well for thus far. I play roughly 30/15avg. on these tables.

The guy in this hand had A,Q because he turned his webcam around and showed me his screen as he was trying to make his GENUINE decision on whether or not to call me. An awful lot of them show you every hand they are involved in as well by either turning the webcam around or showing when someone folds.

I play these cam tables 1 tabling in the morning as a warm up session for 1 - 2 hours and as a wind down session for one table at the end of the day for another 1 hour (one limit higher if I've had a good day).

There is also the social element coming into play as you meet quite a few people just sitting into chat with someone - You learn a lot about them from this - And this is why I play them separately to my other sessions so I can play focused on just one table and get the reads I need.

When I posted the hand here I was looking for post-flop play more than anything for if a situation like this occurred during a standard game of SH. And after reading the check-raise option it's probably the line I will take vs. most regular opponents should this occur in the future.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, why to take vs regulars only? It's a perfect spot to take it also vs fish since with it you have a lot more fold equity and obviously our hand is strong enough to play for the stacks.