[NL2-NL10] KQ on the button 3beting an unknown.

• ReaZoN999
      Is my line okay here or maybe I should'nt 3bet in the 1st place? The guy was an unknown to me.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, Q.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.60, SB folds, BB calls $0.55, MP3 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.82) K, 7, 3 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.95, BB folds, MP3 raises to $1.95, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.77.
  • 2 replies
    • KillerFishes
      Without any stats Im rather calling and playing positionally. Well, the flop is close. I wouldnt expect him him call AA, KK, AK pre but ye he can try to be tricky. Therefore, sometimes we can expect even slowplay... The main problem is we dont know his calling range of our 3bet. Does he call low PPs? Im calling the flop for info we have kind of bluffcatcher If you want to play ev or you move fast through limits just fold.
    • veriz
      Hello ReaZoN999,

Preflop: Not a huge fan of 3betting here. You are just building up the pot for what? Neither you didn't mention any stat or reason for 3betting therefore it's no way I am going to do it. It's not only this guy but you have also enough of people behind you who haev low stacks.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you CB so small? Such a CB may easily even induce opponents to take stabs vs you. Rather make a normal CB and protect your hand than induce

Best Regards.