Early Morning Poker

• lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      Hey everybody!

I've just registered today on pokerstrategy.com and already I'm writing a blog. Well actually I was looking for a place to poker-blog and this forum seemed great to do that.

So who am I?

In terms of poker, I'm playing since 2008 and went from SNG's to MTT's to ring games, almost exclusively on stars. Currently I'm playing NL25 and 50 FR cash games.

Outside of poker, I'm a university student in Tokyo (I'm not Japanese though). Why I am in Tokyo? long story.. I'll probably get back to that later. I like to play games, do sports, watch movies... etc.. I usually get bored really fast, which makes me do different things I guess.. no no.1 hobbies therefore.

Why am I writing this blog?

It started with my New Year's resolution: To get up early. Sounds simple, but it's really not. I'm probably the laziest person when it comes to getting up in the morning, but I really wanna change that.. everyday. I just failed till now.. everyday. I'm also totally aware that this is a common disease among students and poker players. Nonetheless, I've figured out I need a force pressing me to get up in the morning. This force shall be poker.
      I've also figured out, that there is more traffic on poker sites during Japan's morning because it's going to be the evening to early night in many other parts of the world. So not a too bad idea.

What can you expect?

As my parents have already figured out, it's better not to expect anything from me.
      But in general I'll try to write about my struggles with the rising sun and, of course, poker. I'll probably also post some random pics or stories out of my life.

That's it! I hope this blog lasts long enough and I'll see more of the day than up till now.

Edit: I post pictures as soon as I've figured out how to make thumbnails:)

Edit 2: When I write a post it says on the left that "Images are not allowed". Is that because I'm still on the "basic" level? So I can't post images?
  • 33 replies
    • lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      Weekly update

I thought I do at least one update a week with the hope to be able to update something..

Well, I still haven't figured out how to upload pictures.. I'm convinced that's because of my basic status.. but honestly I have no idea ?(

I've been still in winter holidays, so I had some time to play poker last week.. and the latest I got up was 10:30AM, so I'm insanely proud of myself. :f_cool:

Anyway now to poker..

https://img507.imageshack.us/img507/715/graphweek1.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here should be my graph... I'm really too stupid-.- :s_mad:

Anyway I managed to play around 10k hands and I'm up thanks to an upswing the first two days... Than I started to play b/e over the past 8k and PT's EV graph says that I should have lost money.. :baby:

And here the handed which almost tilted me (I always tilt, when I did sth stupid.. weird??).. The worst hand I played today.. maybe in the week? I just completely overlooked the Flush.. I do that actually often.. time to get glasses :s_cool: ?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $33.25
      Hero (SB): $50.00
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $17.05
      UTG+1: $58.30
      MP: $145.30
      MP+1: $68.25
      CO: $66.35

Hero posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has A:club: K:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $4.75, fold, UTG+1 calls $3.25

Flop: ($10.00, 2 players) 3:spade: 5:spade: 4:heart:
      Hero bets $5.50, UTG+1 calls $5.50

Turn: ($21.00, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero bets $8.00, UTG+1 calls $8.00

River: ($37.00, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero bets $16.50, UTG+1 raises to $33.00, Hero calls $15.25 and is all-in
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Well hello lanopano and welcome to our community!

I see you've got stuck into blogging already then. You sure don't mess about do you!? :D
      I like the use of poker as a force to get you out of bed earlier, perdonally the force acting on me was my father's boot most times! hahaha!

Sice you're already eating nl50 for breakfast I won't suggest the beginners coaching link at the bottom of my post. :)

Oh, you're right, you can't post pics yet as a basic.

Anyway, a warm welcome to you aga in and have fun with PokerStrategy!

Best regards,

Mal.
    • lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      Thanks for the warm welcome ;)

A father's boot might still be more persuasive though^^

Yeah, I thought too it'd be better to get accustomed to the community first before starting to blog lol. But the new year just opened a great opportunity :] I'll certainly hang around in the strategy parts of the forum as well, but most of them are still restricted.. I guess the higher level will soon get unlocked. I'll patiently wait, after all I play poker :f_eek:
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lanopano
      I've also figured out, that there is more traffic on poker sites during Japan's morning because it's going to be the evening to early night in many other parts of the world.
      I envy you on this so much! I have to be awake at 22:00-02:00 (local time) if I want to play in the rush hours, so I usually can't get up early in the mornings.
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Hey everybody!

What can you expect?

As my parents have already figured out, it's better not to expect anything from me.
      lol ,i like this blog and i hope u prove them wrong...best of luck man !
    • MaHnaK
      MaHnaK
      Bronze
      Hey Lanopano,

Welcome to pokerstrategy.com!

Nice blog man. Keep it going, getting up early as been mine problem too till last year, well, may be my goals i have set for this year is making me getting up early so far for a week :P .

I too been playing regularly at nl50, so it might be great for both of us to learn from each other and crush nl50 together ;) .

I have sent you a friend request, it would be great if you can accept the request and drop me a message in my inbox your SKYPE id.

Good Luck to your goals and blog.
    • lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slipkn6t

I envy you on this so much! I have to be awake at 22:00-02:00 (local time) if I want to play in the rush hours, so I usually can't get up early in the mornings.
      Yeah, I guess I'm kinda lucky.. I just have never considered playing poker in the morning because I was too busy with sleeping. Poker has always been the evening grind to finish the day for me

Originally posted by aceonetheriver

lol ,i like this blog and i hope u prove them wrong...best of luck man !

Thanks man! At least someone who believes in me :D

Originally posted by MaHnaK

Hey Lanopano,

Welcome to pokerstrategy.com!

Nice blog man. Keep it going, getting up early as been mine problem too till last year, well, may be my goals i have set for this year is making me getting up early so far for a week .

I too been playing regularly at nl50, so it might be great for both of us to learn from each other and crush nl50 together .

I have sent you a friend request, it would be great if you can accept the request and drop me a message in my inbox your SKYPE id.

Good Luck to your goals and blog.

Sure thing! Are you playing on Stars? Hope we're not going to take the money from each other though^^
    • lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      Hmmm....

Just got this message:

This poker room has never reported any StrategyPoints for this account. If you are tracked to this room via PokerStrategy.com and have played with real money, please contact our customer support.

I haven't downloaded the software through PS, because I have downloaded it like years ago.

So this means no strategy points which means basic level which means no pictures?
      Is there a possibility to be able to post pictures or to get to bronze level?

I've figured out that I could either buy points or just make a new account through PS on a random poker site. I guess I'd take the 2nd option..
      Any other options? (Like can you get points or bronze level by posting a lot etc?)
    • lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      So it's 6AM and I'm up lol..
      Ready to prolly have the earliest session I've ever played..wondering how that's gonna turn out.

But 250'000 players online looks very good. When I normally play this figure's around 70'000. Wish me luck!:D
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Welcome =)

I for one am very curious about why you're living/studying in Japan?? Do tell!
    • lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      Welcome =)

I for one am very curious about why you're living/studying in Japan?? Do tell!
      Hehe.. actually it's not really a long story.. it started all when I was learning English in Australia.. wait no, that's the long version..

No.. my girlfriend is Japanese and I figured out while I was bored at uni back home that I could take a year off and visit Japan. I went to a language school at that time and it didn't take me very long to recognize that Tokyo is pretty much the place to be in your 20's:)
      So out of 1 year became 2 and I decided to try myself here as a university student eventually. Well yeah and here I still am;)
      So yeah, one thing came to another kinda story.. would never have believed that I'll end up as a student in Japan lol
    • lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      I hate to double post within a short time.. but this is gonna be the last post before I'm off on a Snowboard weekend (2 weeks before final exams that is... mental preparation?)

Anyway... I'd just like to post some hands I've played today. I've got my own ideas in these hands but I'm not gonna post them yet.. however I'm not sure about the best play in any of the hands. Would be nice if some people would comment their play or ideas.

Hand 1

Villain is 14/13 over a hundred hands.. fold 3bet 83%
      have no reliable other stats on him

I'm interested in both, Flop and Turn play (btw I've no idea why I 3bettet so small pre)

PokerStars - $0.50 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 4 players

SB: $52.55
      Hero (BB): $50.00
      UTG: $21.95
      BTN: $53.95

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has A:heart: A:diamond:

fold, fold, SB raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $3.60, SB calls $2.40

Flop: ($7.20, 2 players) K:diamond: 3:spade: 3:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $4.80, SB raises to $13.00, Hero calls $8.20

Turn: ($33.20, 2 players) K:spade:
      SB bets $35.95 and is all-in

Hand 2

most interesting hand imo

Villain is 13/11 over 500 hands. f3bet 94% (that's why I 3bet)
      Don't have much postflop stats on him. Seems to be way more aggro on F than the other streets. Not sure how solid he is.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 8 players

BTN: $50.00
      BB: $40.00
      UTG: $17.55
      UTG+1: $48.00
      MP: $29.20
      MP+1: $54.70
      CO: $7.35

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has 4:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.75, fold, BTN calls $3.25

Flop: ($10.00, 2 players) A:spade: Q:spade: A:heart:
      Hero bets $6.00, BTN raises to $14.00

What does villain raise here with?

Hand 3

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing here on every street lol
      someone help me. I think the squeeze is ok, but it should be higher..

Villain is 10/8 F3bet 88% Fcbet 36%

Villain is
      PokerStars - $0.50 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players

BTN: $67.00
      BB: $12.50
      UTG: $59.40
      UTG+1: $49.25
      MP: $49.60
      CO: $56.15

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has T:club: J:spade:

fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $1.00, BTN calls $1.00, Hero raises to $4.25, fold, fold, BTN calls $3.25

Flop: ($10.00, 2 players) 9:heart: A:spade: K:heart:
      Hero bets $6.00, BTN calls $6.00

Turn: ($22.00, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($22.00, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.00, fold

Anyway, wish you all a nice weekend!
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I have a massive problem with getting out of bed in the morning. I manage it 2 days a week for work at 7am, but on every other day i'm lucky if I arise before 11am :D
    • lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      11am used to be early for me.. There were quite a few days where I just made it in time to see the sunset :D

I haven't been posting recently, because I haven't been playing recently.. final exams are next week and I have some essays or whatever to write all day long:P I manage to put in one sesh a day though.
      I'll update as soon as I got my first PS point and can post pictures :f_love: :f_love: .. I made an account on Everst Poker lol. 2000 players online right now
    • lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      Weekly Update

I successfully achieved the level of BRONZE member! I opened an account at Everest with the 50$ start capital from the beginners quiz, which I failed twice (wtf folding JTs to two limpers??:D )
      I'll guess I'm going to use that account to play tourneys, as it doesn't seem that a lot of cash game tables are running..

anyway.. bronze means pictures and this means my first ever graph-posting :heart:

Tadaaa:

well nothing to brag about...

I'm fairly happy with the amount I put in so far this month. My goal is 40'000 hands.. should be possible.

But as you can see the last 12'000 hands or so my SD winning line has no motivation whatsoever to go in the right direction (that is up). I'll probably have to hire a mental trainer for the line, it seems undecided.

I've made some mistakes during the month and I feel a little rusty. Sometimes I just got too hectic in some hands, so I've listened to the advice of my role model..

..and I'm going to relax more while being in difficult situations, no reason to make (poker) life complicated. So the last hands I feel I've played better. Thanks panther!!

That's about it for last week's poker.
      I actually should be studying right now, since next week I'll be subjugated to rewrite silly theories onto funny papers to demonstrate the functioning of my short-term memory. I'm already looking forward to drink away those disturbances in my head...cheers.
    • SryForYou
      SryForYou
      Bronze
      hi, nice blog :) .

Dont worry about your red line concentrate on your A game and continue learning your poker:)
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      do you play FL?
    • lanopano
      lanopano
      Bronze
      do you play FL?
      nope never played it.. why do you mean?

-----

Anyway.. I'm running good..

Pre Flop: (€0.75) Hero has 2:heart: T:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls €0.50, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls €0.50, SB calls €0.25, Hero checks

Flop: (€2.00, 4 players) 7:heart: 2:club: T:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets €1.20, fold, BTN calls €1.20, fold

Turn: (€4.40, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero bets €3.50, BTN calls €3.50

River: (€11.40, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero bets €6.00, BTN raises to €20.00, Hero calls €14.00

BTN shows 7:spade: 7:club: (Full House, Sevens full of Twos) (Pre 71%, Flop 87%, Turn 93%)
      Hero mucks 2:heart: T:club: (Full House, Twos full of Tens) (Pre 29%, Flop 13%, Turn 7%)
      BTN wins €49.40

and better..

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has 8:heart: 8:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $1.00

Flop: ($6.75, 4 players) 4:diamond: 8:diamond: 4:spade:
      UTG+1 checks, MP bets $1.00, Hero raises to $5.00, fold, fold, MP calls $4.00

Turn: ($16.75, 2 players) K:heart:
      MP checks, Hero bets $8.50, MP calls $8.50

River: ($33.75, 2 players) K:spade:
      MP bets $15.85 and is all-in, Hero calls $15.85

MP shows 4:heart: 4:club: (Four of a Kind, Fours) (Pre 18%, Flop 96%, Turn 98%)
      Hero mucks 8:heart: 8:club: (Full House, Eights full of Kings) (Pre 82%, Flop 4%, Turn 2%)
      MP wins $62.45

..all the way

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has 3:diamond: 3:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, BB calls $1.00

Flop: ($3.25, 2 players) 3:club: 2:club: 4:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.00, BB calls $2.00

Turn: ($7.25, 2 players) T:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $5.50, BB calls $5.50

River: ($18.25, 2 players) 4:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $10.40, BB raises to $27.00, Hero raises to $56.35 and is all-in, BB calls $22.15 and is all-in

Hero shows 3:diamond: 3:spade: (Full House, Threes full of Fours) (Pre 19%, Flop 6%, Turn 2%)
      BB shows 4:diamond: 4:club: (Four of a Kind, Fours) (Pre 81%, Flop 94%, Turn 98%)
      BB wins $113.55

• slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      do you play FL?
      nope never played it.. why do you mean?
      your graphs looks more like FL graph :pokerface: